CROWDFUNDING SPOTLIGHT - Card/Board/War Games

Jack

Wave Man
Validated User
Re: CROWDFUNDING SPOTLIGHT - Card & Board Games

Green Ronin is teaming with Greater Than Games to do a Freedom City/Earth Prime version of Sentinels of the Multiverse.

KS is here.

Its a standalone game, but the characters and cards will use the same rules as Sentinels of the Multiverse, so they can be used together.

Pilgrim

30 Days of Gravity
Validated User

In the last 48 hours, but searched and couldn't find it.

I give you Button Men.

I've got a soft spot for it and hope someone else here does too.

Last edited:

Tardigrade

oso de agua
RPGnet Member
Validated User

In the last 48 hours, but searched and couldn't find it.

I give you Button Men.

I've got a soft spot for it and hope someone else here does too.
Closes in six hours as I post this, but for folks who want a cheaper option and already have plenty of dice, there's a cards-only option.

Motorskills

RPGnet Member
Validated User

Conan : Rise of Monsters miniatures game launched and was funded in two hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060871444/conan-rise-of-monsters-relaunch?token=693d9027

It made two and a half times its target. But that wasn't enough apparently. The hell...?

$108,706 pledged of $40,000 goal

368 backers

Funding Canceled - Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on June 21.

I guess they looked at 3.5M that Monolith raised and assumed it would be a slam-dunk to do similar numbers. I know its not fraud, and I'm sorry for the people involved that must have worked incredibly hard, but this is just inappropriate crowdsourcing behaviour IMO.

Hi all,

It seems clear we haven't managed to put together a package compelling enough for most Kickstarter backers. As we stated on the project's main page, we have financing to manufacture CROM regardless of the amount raised, but given the relatively low number of backers we've decided it's best to move on.

We love our game and are extremely proud of it. It's been a joy to run at game stores and conventions across the country, and we appreciate all the good times we've had with our fellow gamers.

We're also extremely proud of what we accomplished on the miniatures. Time and time again those who looked at the real-life production models at those same stores and conventions have told us how impressed they are with them, then posted their delight on social media.

But ultimately, this kind of product at the price we need to charge given our scale and premium paint work just doesn't seem a good match for Kickstarter. Nor is it possible to offer the kind of discount distribution and retail are used to.

So for that reason, we're going to shut down the project once and for all.

We greatly appreciate YOUR support and constructive comments, and are extremely thankful for all the help we've received from our friends at Conan Properties, Reaper Miniatures, and Ulisses Spiele.

Bolding mine. It's interesting, maybe KS needs to introduce a second pass-bar, a minimum number of backers, as well as a minimum dollar amount. (I think Monolith achieved this with their more recent offerings by having a single reward, everything else was either a stretch goal or an Add-On.)

flowerysong

Scratch Monkey
Validated User

It made two and a half times its target. But that wasn't enough apparently. The hell...?

I guess they looked at 3.5M that Monolith raised and assumed it would be a slam-dunk to do similar numbers. I know its not fraud, and I'm sorry for the people involved that must have worked incredibly hard, but this is just inappropriate crowdsourcing behaviour IMO.

Bolding mine. It's interesting, maybe KS needs to introduce a second pass-bar, a minimum number of backers, as well as a minimum dollar amount. (I think Monolith achieved this with their more recent offerings by having a single reward, everything else was either a stretch goal or an Add-On.)
Meh. Them saying "It's not the funds, it's the number of backers" ignores the fact that the two numbers are directly related. $295 is not an unexpectedly high pledge average when a $300 pledge gets you the base game and expansion. The problem isn't that Kickstarter won't let you set a minimum number of backers, but rather the way they chose to structure the campaign. They built the campaign to be able to say "we're fully funded and breezing past stretch goals" early in the campaign in the hopes it would build hype, instead of setting a realistic goal of how much was needed to make the project work. They evidently wanted around a thousand backers within the first two weeks and their lowest non-retailer pledge was $150, so at a bare minimum they should have set the campaign goal at $150K; their actual goal was probably even higher (I suspect $500K, more than 12x their claimed goal, was the minimum campaign they were shooting for.)

tigsmri

Validated User

Monarchs, Minions & Mayhem! Limited Edition $59.99
Pre-Order online at www.tri-infinitygames.com
Guaranteed Print Run - Self Funding!

3 to 8 Players
Ages 14+
Play Time: 30+ Minutes

◦Game Sets-Up in 5 minutes or less.
◦Simple to follow Rules & Game Play.
◦Fast-Paced, Strategic and Challenging
◦Replay-ability is virtually limitless.
◦No two games will ever be the same.
◦Optional Teamplay: 3 to 4 Two-Player Teams
◦A Great Addition to Family Game Night!

Monarchs, Minions & Mayhem! Limited Edition

Game Box 9.5"x9.5"x2" (Matte Laminated Linen Finish) & Contents:
Rulebook (Full Color, 24-pages)
18"x18" Full Color Game Board (Premium Matte Linen Finish)
108 Custom Playing Cards (Poker Size 2.5” x 3.5” 310gsm Linen)
9 Gemstones
12-Sided Die
6” x 8.5” Cotton Game Bag

Featured Artwork by Paul Nelson, Eric Lofgren, Thomas Cole 1801-1848, and Dennis Young Author of “The Ardwellian Chronicles” narrative contribution “The Monarch’s Dilemma”.

Monarchs, Minions & Mayhem! has engaging gameplay that is extremely fun to play, well-balanced with innovative and unique game mechanics that will provide endless hours of entertainment with family & friends. We hope that Monarchs, Minions & Mayhem! earns a spot on your list of Go-to-Games for Family Game Night.

Product Guarantee: This Product is the Limited-Edition Print Run for Monarchs, Minions & Mayhem! by Tri-Infinity Games. Production Run will be limited to the number of units sold during the Official Demo Days & Pre-Order Events will be held from September 1, 2017 to October 15, 2017 at Participating Retailers in the Kansas City Metro Area. Product will have a Guaranteed Print Run with an Estimated Delivery Date of November 15, 2017.

Inaugural Demo Days & Pre-Order Event: 1:00pm, August 26th, 2017 @ Peculiar Games and Hobbies – 361 C1 Legend Lane, Peculiar MO 64078
Please help us spread the word. Like & Share on Facebook Pages @Triinfinitygames - @Monarchsminionsandmayhem Facebook Group: Monarchs, Minions & Mayhem!; Twitter: tri-infinitygames @Triinfinitygame

Join our Mailing List @ www.tri-infinitygames.com - Updates, Upcoming Demo Days & Pre-Order Events – Coming Soon!

Thank you in advance for your support.

Bill Hays (tigsmri)
info@tri-infinitygames.com
Tri-Infinity Games

Dinomals

Re: KICKSTARTER SPOTLIGHT - Card & Board Games

NAME: DINOMALS™: THE CARD GAME

URL (including prelaunch Kickstarter details and game description, play, and rewards):
http://kickstarter.dinomals.com

BASED: New York!

ELEVATOR PITCH: DINOMALS™: the action packed, mix and match, create a creature card game made by kids for kids!

Your goal: make a Dinomal!

Dinomals are half dinosaur and half modern day animal. Get the right dinosaurs and animals and smush them together to make your Dinomal before your opponents. You can also mess with your opponents hand to stop them from building a Dinomal.

Dinomals are brand new characters that I co-created with my kids. They loved the characters so much that they demanded we make a fun game out of them made for kids by kids. So we did!

STAGE: About to launch a Kickstarter. Our Pre-launch page is up (url above), and we have a Facebook event running: https://www.facebook.com/events/1118366508295560

LOOKING FOR: Backers, general advice, spreading the word!

Top Bottom