• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Crusader Kings 2 II: Title Revoked

Law Orc

Quasi-Possum
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Here is the continuance of this thread.

If someone comes up with a funny name for it at some point in the future, we can fix it in post.

suedenim

Validated User
Re: Crusader Kings 2 II: No Clever Title

I notice Pisa's getting quite large in my game, first time I've seen a republic do much that shows on the map. I haven't actually tried playing a republic yet - are they much fun?

Law Orc

Quasi-Possum
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Republics are fun, although maybe a bit too powerful right now. This is because they rely on retinues and mercs, and levies recently got nerfed.

JerekKruger

Tall
Validated User

I've not played much as a republic, but my (relatively) recent Byzantine game saw Genoa dominating the southern part of the boot of Italy. Even when my Empire became strong, each and every war against Genoa was painful, as they'd instantly hire a bunch of huge mercenary companies. It was especially bad since usually those wars were to regain a single city in my vassals lands, so I'd deplete my levies and coffers in order for my vassal to gain a tiny bit of tax income, but dammit it's the principle that matters.

I must admit though, I do feel Republics are a bit overpowered at the moment. I've reached the stage where if I am anywhere in the Med I will make an effort to exterminate the republics as early as possible to avoid them dominating.

EDIT: also I swear there used to be a land bridge to Venice. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Narcisista

Social Justice NPC
Validated User

I've not played much as a republic, but my (relatively) recent Byzantine game saw Genoa dominating the southern part of the boot of Italy. Even when my Empire became strong, each and every war against Genoa was painful, as they'd instantly hire a bunch of huge mercenary companies. It was especially bad since usually those wars were to regain a single city in my vassals lands, so I'd deplete my levies and coffers in order for my vassal to gain a tiny bit of tax income, but dammit it's the principle that matters.

I must admit though, I do feel Republics are a bit overpowered at the moment. I've reached the stage where if I am anywhere in the Med I will make an effort to exterminate the republics as early as possible to avoid them dominating.

EDIT: also I swear there used to be a land bridge to Venice. Am I wrong?
Not since the Old Gods at least. I'm not exactly sure before that.

Top Bottom