• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Crusader Kings 2 II: Title Revoked

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
Huh... turns out I can designate my grandson as my heir, in spite of the rollover text saying I can only designate my children.

Well that's alright then.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
I sailed ALL THE WAY OVER there for nothing!?!?!

What a rip off :D

... is it a bug or a decision?
I think it has to do with the limitations of the older version of the Clausewitz engine. Waaaaay back before they added India, the Red Sea/Persian Gulf areas weren't navigable ocean zones either, and the developers said this was because having two separate sea zones was impossible. Obviously they got around this somehow. I'm not sure what the fix involved but perhaps it was too difficult to implement a third sea zone for the Caspian? There are no ports around the Caspian, you'll notice as well, and no way for realms on its shores to build boats. It's strictly so that anyone with the ability to navigate major rivers can portage across Russia and sail down to the Caspian. They must have figured it was easier to code it all like one big river.

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
It's weird though, because I can sail around the other parts of the Caspian, just not the bottom bit. Ah well, lots of other places to sail.

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
You know what is unmitigated BS?

When you have a personal combat score of 80 and die fighting a duel against someone with a personal combat score of -4.

PenguinZero

Wark!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...there are some things that can beat smartness and foresight. Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him." -- Mark Twain, A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

May or may not reflect reality, but it's common enough in fiction.

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
"...there are some things that can beat smartness and foresight. Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him." -- Mark Twain, A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

May or may not reflect reality, but it's common enough in fiction.
Yeah, but I've had this happen three times in the same game now.

Sometimes I get a feeling that the game engine has a logic that says "if something has less than a 5% chance of happening, it happens 25% of the time."

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, but I've had this happen three times in the same game now.

Sometimes I get a feeling that the game engine has a logic that says "if something has less than a 5% chance of happening, it happens 25% of the time."
Or as Pratchett put it, million-to-one shots happen nine times out of ten.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User

When you have a personal combat score of 80 and die fighting a duel against someone with a personal combat score of -4.
I think there is a rage post about this every other day in the Crusader Kings subreddit. :ROFLMAO:

StreetBushido

Validated User

Been there, done that.

That's why I keep backup saves... Ain't no way my 160+ PCS Emperor is dying to some -20 PCS chump!

Top Bottom