• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Crusader Kings 2] [Let's Play] Succession Game 4: Let the Dice Fall

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
Hey, it keeps things interesting. Just like historically many ruling dynasties had their ups and downs, the differing skill levels and playing styles in a succession game is part of the point.

Also, reading a thread like this and seeing different kinds of situations that crop up and how different people deal with them is actually, IMO, one of the better ways to learn how to play CK2, once you're past the initial stage of "how does this interface work."

The current sign-up list:

1) Jondera
2) Lilith Viktoria
3) Pip
4) Afterburner
5) Vessiel
6) ChariotDriver
7) Rainbow Trenchcoat
8) Aesthete
9) Nate_MI
10) Neutrondecay

Last edited:

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Oh yeah, one of my favorite meta-CK2 games has been to just generate random worlds and then just click around reading all the different religion descriptions and thinking about how all the weird looking countries happened. I rarely actually play random worlds.

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh yeah, one of my favorite meta-CK2 games has been to just generate random worlds and then just click around reading all the different religion descriptions and thinking about how all the weird looking countries happened. I rarely actually play random worlds.
I used to do this with the history file of d0rf f0rtress.

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
Ah, I will do so.

I'm actually declaring mulligan on the first attempt. It looked promising at first; Duke with 5 counties and one countess vassal, of an interesting religion, vassal to a Kingdom of a different religion (but without the power to enforce anything on him)... Then he died of dysentery after only 3 years, leaving the duchy to his 2 year old daughter. In a kingdom where everyone else considers her a foreigner and a heretic.

I tried to play it out, but man, that did not go well. So, game loss on the first turn equals mulligan.

EDIT: I am very frustrated about this, too. The starting character was a stubborn, ambitious Elusive Shadow with Intrigue 20. He was the kingdom spymaster despite being a foreigner and a heretic, and his religion was basically "Everyone else's gods are CHUMPS and we should prove it. By burning them in effigy. And also by conquering their weakling worshipers at every opportunity." I was all set to laugh maniacally while plotting my way into ultimate power and then he died. Of. Dysentery.

Last edited:

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
And it's looking like getting a serious go at the second try is going to have to wait until tomorrow. Stupid early-o-clock work shifts.

So you guys get to chip in: For the mulligan, should I restart with the same map and character (since that's what the random gen gave me) and hope to avoid the dysentery this time around, or regen a new map and randomly pick a new character?

Vessiel

RPGnet Member
Validated User
And it's looking like getting a serious go at the second try is going to have to wait until tomorrow. Stupid early-o-clock work shifts.

So you guys get to chip in: For the mulligan, should I restart with the same map and character (since that's what the random gen gave me) and hope to avoid the dysentery this time around, or regen a new map and randomly pick a new character?
It sounded like an interesting start. I'd go for it.

Top Bottom