• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

CW's The Outpost S2, the renewal nobody asked for!

Rikimaru

Ninja Comedian
Validated User
I realise that the point of Janzo's plot in this episode is that he wasn't acting like himself, but he really was different in this episode. Still not an award winning actor, but for once he wasn't just completely terrible. I don't know what the directors and writers are going for with the regular creepy, scenery chewing Janzo.

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
I realise that the point of Janzo's plot in this episode is that he wasn't acting like himself, but he really was different in this episode. Still not an award winning actor, but for once he wasn't just completely terrible. I don't know what the directors and writers are going for with the regular creepy, scenery chewing Janzo.
Janzo's actor is fine, I think this is just a case of a creative team reading 'comedy relief' as cringe inducingly scenery chewing, which given the Mythica movies seems pretty likely. Also since the actor is pretty good looking he has to spend the entire time hunched and making extreme facial expressions to represent the character they want.

-Naxuul

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Could the Baron be any more of a "We wanted a more accessible Kahl Drogo" stand in?
And he needs to die. Even Talon's beatdown wasn't enough to make me happy.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I admit, this episode did deliver a small twist - Sana was obviously Lying McLie Face from the beginning, but that she was actually married to the torture guy did catch me by surprise.

Janzo would be much healthier if he stopped fixating on Talon and realized Naya has a thing for him, but that would require some self-awareness on his part, so not happening.

Poor Dragman. :(

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
So we finally got a look at the leadership of the Evil Empire, and we've got psychics who can heal and raise the dead and punish with glowing mind gems.
Huh. So all they got to do is sit around and be very menacing and rule an empire. I wonder if their powers have anything to do with the demon dimension.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
So now Garret is either a brainwashed traitor or is playing a long game fake out.
Redd died too easily. I really didn't like her.
Demon on demon fight. Cool!
And another hot Blackblood for Talon to have a love interest in. Thank gods she set Janzo straight. That whole subplot was painful to watch.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So now Garret is either a brainwashed traitor or is playing a long game fake out.
Redd died too easily. I really didn't like her.
Demon on demon fight. Cool!
And another hot Blackblood for Talon to have a love interest in. Thank gods she set Janzo straight. That whole subplot was painful to watch.
I think Garret is convinced by the trickery - the painting hidden behind the wall was a clever touch. Maybe he'll realize it was also a tad bit convenient before it's too late.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That's the spirit, Jonzo. You can act like a normal person. You don't have to fixate on Talon like a creeper.

Elinor as Gwyn's new consigliere is ::chef's kiss::

So, uh, so much for the idea Garret is playing the long con himself, I guess.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
That's the spirit, Jonzo. You can act like a normal person. You don't have to fixate on Talon like a creeper.

Elinor as Gwyn's new consigliere is ::chef's kiss::

So, uh, so much for the idea Garret is playing the long con himself, I guess.
I agree entirely, unless Garret knows that the Evil Nurse can bring back Daddy, but why would she?
And yes, having a the drug dealing madam innkeep as Royal Adviser and Treasurer is a hoot and a half.
I'm still waiting for the Baron Jerkface to get horribly killed. Preferably by plaugeling.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm still waiting for the Baron Jerkface to get horribly killed. Preferably by plaugeling.
Here's hoping!

There's two episodes left, it appears. Per Wikipedia, the ratings have been low, but reasonably steady, so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back for a third season of nonsense.

Top Bottom