Cyberpunk 2077

Nerag

Cat Fragment
Validated User
Isn't plea-bargaining unique to the US system?
Probably, but we do something called negotiating which sometimes results in different charges being laid. My take away was that if you cannot negotiate everything must necessarily go to trial.

Last edited:

ChalkLine

Rogue Conformist
Validated User
Probably, but we do something called negotiating which sometimes results in different charges being laid. My take away was that if you cannot negotiate everything must necessarily go to trial.
Here we say 'the cops are pulling a swift one, it won't stick' from personal experience

AikiGhost

Keetoom of Dooom!!!
Validated User
So is there any kind of info doing the rounds on Pondsmiths "Cyberpunk: RED" project or is it vapourware at this point?

Albertorius

Validated User
Nothing at all so far, really. But seeing as this will be a license and all, well, I don't think we have to fear a repetition of the Mekton Zero fiasco.

AikiGhost

Keetoom of Dooom!!!
Validated User
Nothing at all so far, really. But seeing as this will be a license and all, well, I don't think we have to fear a repetition of the Mekton Zero fiasco.
Even if its not a massive rework rules wise Id really like to see some new CP art.

celebrityomnipath

Murmaid Murderer
Validated User
There was also an issue with the PCs firing at police officers which from memory was explained as 'trying to hit out assailants which were in the direction of police' and arguing that the bullets fired were no risk to police as none of them could penetrate standard issue police armor... which is another fantastic technical argument that could be accepted by an entity that has never been shot at, or knows or can even imagine what being shot at is like.
I love the idea that the justice AI had so little life experience and common sense that typical player character actions seemed reasonable.

James Gray

Validated User
Hello, everyone! My name is J Gray. I'm the line developer for Castle Falkenstein over at Fat Goblin Games. I thought I'd take a stab at answering a few of the questions I've read in this thread. Please note, I am not doing this as a representative of R. Talsorian, just as an associate who has been there when the various games were spoken about. Nothing here is insider information, really. Just things I've specifically heard Mike, Lisa, or Cody Pondsmith tell people and, thus, public (but maybe not well known) knowledge.

The Witcher

* I know they are working hard to make The Witcher available for sale at GenCon. Right now, I believe it is a race to finish the printing in time. It is fully written and laid out.
* It does use art assets from the video game. It is, I believe, R. Talsorian's first full color product from beginning to end.

Cyberpunk Red

* What was said last year at GenCon was this: the intention of Red was to release a version of Cyberpunk 2020 which updated a few things. Not a full new edition but things like technology (the example given was 'your in game cellphone should not be less powerful and larger than your real world cellphone') and possibly some rule tweaks here and there.
* I can't speak as to when Cyberpunk Red will be out. I know the GenCon games this year are being run with an alpha of it.
* I also don't know how much of the first point will be accurate by the end. Mike Pondsmith is the sort of guy who gets a thousand ideas while he walks from the bedroom to the kitchen in the morning, so things might change and grow.
* It was originally called Cyberpunk Red because, when it was first conceived back in the day, the idea was it would have black and white printing with red highlights.

Cyberpunk 2077
* There's no promises on a companion tabletop RPG to go with the video game. This doesn't mean it won't happen, but they aren't saying one way or the other at this point. Given the nebulous release date of the video game, its not surprising. Its hard to plan for.

Mekton
* Oh, boy, Mekton. I know. I wasn't a backer so I'm not privy to specific information there. Will Zero ever come out? I honestly think it will. Someday. When Mike feels its ready. Something to remember about Mekton is its the first game R. Talsorian ever produced and, in a way, I think its more Mike's baby than anything else. In fact, it came out before R. Talsorian even existed. I think of it as sort of like that old car in your dad's garage. He says he's going to drive it someday but not until he's done getting it just right. I honestly do think eventually he will and it'll release but I think, of all R. Talsorian's games, this was probably the wrong one to Kickstart.

Again, all of the above was said as a gamer and designer who happens to be somewhat involved with a single R. Talsorian property. Please bear that in mind as you read them. Thanks!

Starkiller77

Validated User
Thanks for the answers, can’t wait to read the Witcher rpg and cyberpunk red, I really loved cyberpunk 2020 so I hope the new version will come out sooner than later. Any info if they will be released as PDFs?

James Gray

Validated User
Thanks for the answers, can’t wait to read the Witcher rpg and cyberpunk red, I really loved cyberpunk 2020 so I hope the new version will come out sooner than later. Any info if they will be released as PDFs?
Given how they've embraced putting out PDFs of their older material, I think there's a good chance of it but I can't say yes with full certainty. I'll certainly ask when I get to GenCon and see them!

Last edited:
Top Bottom