• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [D&D 5E] Vault of Larin Karr

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
It is a warm, sunny day in the last days of Tarsakh as you are let into Lord Kyle's parlor by a tall, aging butler. Everything in the room speaks of wealth - the splashes of colorful tile, furniture of dark wood and exquisite detail-work, the expertly handwoven and richly dyed textiles... the Kyle family doesn't lack for gold, but you already knew that. Reaching the estate itself had required passing through many acres of farmland and grazing land, and the nearby town of Pembrose is bustling with statues and street names of past lords and ladies Kyle.

"Lord Kyle will be with you shortly," the butler says and throws open a window to let the breeze in, filling the room with the sweet scent of orange blossoms. "May I offer some refreshments while we wait? Water, mint tea, orange juice? Something stronger?"

Last edited:

chitzk0i

Miniature Creampuff
Validated User
A copper-skinned wood elf in buckskin clothes perches self-consciously on the edge of a small, possibly decorative stool, belatedly noticing the dusty footprints he’s left. He finds a small twig in his black ponytail and discreetly flicks it behind some furniture.

Gilgoli Penlemmin dazzles momentarily at the opulence of someone squeezing fruit for him to drink and asks for a mint tea instead.

sulldawga

Validated User
Tyrben the Bard

Tyrben declines the offer of refreshments and strolls around the room, admiring the Lord's decorations in the parlor.

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
Canthos

Running his hand across the finely carved dado moulding lining the hallway, Canthos Turnbrook finds himself put off by the ostentatious display. The artisanship of the woodwork is undeniable, however, and the statues in the town were the same. That the vanity of these aristocrats can enable such craft is one good thing about it, Canthos supposes, though his thoughts are cut short when the butler opens the door to the parlor.

"Water, please," Canthos answers to the butler's question. Then Canthos turns to the two others already in the room and makes a small bow.

"I am Canthos Turnbrook," he says, smiling modestly. "At your service. Are you here to answer the lord Kyle's request as well?"

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Mastema regarded the human architecture with hooded eyes as she followed the others in, she dropped the sheer cloth that covered her head to her shoulders and wiped beads of perspiration from her ebon forehead.

" I will take the provided water, the sun is high today.", she slung her pack to her feet and instinctively checked all her gear was still where it should be.

She rocked back on her ankles and squatted on her haunches. " Yes, I am here in answer to the nobles request...providing once the facts are known that it is a lawful pursuit."

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
Mauri bumps his head on the top of the doorframe, ducks his head down in mild embarrassment and follows the rest, trying to look smaller. It's an odd feeling to be the tallest in the room for once, and he's not quite used to how lowlanders build their houses at a somewhat diminished scale.
At the words of the others he frowns slightly.
"...is it common for," he tastes the next word with slight unfamiliarity, "...nobles to be unlawful?"
The question is actually an honest one. Among the giants, nobody would ask another to do something against their laws. Especially not among the upper ranks of giant society. It's unthinkable to go against the ordning, but he's coming to understand that lowlanders think somewhat differently.

sulldawga

Validated User
Tyrben the Bard

Tyrben turns to Mauri and smiles broadly.

"Nobles have a tendency to assume that anything they do is lawful, by virtue of being the ruling class. Or maybe by virtue of having enough money to buy their way out of trouble."

Tyrben shrugs.

"In any event, we shouldn't cast aspersions on Lord Kyle's character until we hear more about the job at hand."

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Mastema craned her head up to take in the goliath.

" As the elf-blood says. Your people carry the blood of the Stone Giants, I like Stone Giants..they are honourable both as enemy and ally. We are an interesting group...I have spent little time with light-bones until recently and no time with goliath....please forgive any.....mistakes or misunderstandings.", she said between sips.

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
Canthos

"That is a severe appraisal," Canthos says, chuckling, to the half-elf bard. "But I ken your meaning. It is a reckless thing, to say the least, for one to never question one's own convictions, and moreso for one so powerful." He smiles again, perhaps a bit wistful, perhaps more for himself than for show. After a moment, he finishes, "Whatever one's intentions."

The butler returns again with the water and Canthos accepts it gratefully. After Canthos takes a drink, he makes a small sign with his hand, mutters some arcane words, and then waves his hand over the glass. He sips again, more satisfied this time.

"In any case, the same goes for me, madame," he says, nodding to the dwarf ranger. "If it is not too presumptuous, if we will all fulfill this request together, then I place myself in your care, and you all in mine."

Last edited:

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
Mauri says nothing, though he does murmur quietly to the butter for something a bit stronger. Stronmaus doesn't teach either way, but alcohol is one of the stormlord's vices...

Top Bottom