• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [D&D 5E] Vault of Larin Karr

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
OOC: Yep, they're Hobgoblins #1 through #6 now, with #1 being the leader and #6 being in the rear. And I feel you with Orokos, I'm in a Kult campaign where I've rolled consistently terrible - I think I, too, will use the built-in roller...


Mastema hits her target once more, Hobgoblin #5 taking an arrow to the shoulder; not enough to kill him, but certainly enough to hurt.
Gilgoli's arrow strikes true this time, taking the Hobgoblin's leader in the throat. Staggering back, he is much too blinded by pain and his life flashing before his eyes that he can't avoid Mauri's cantrip, which is enough to strike him dead.
Moving on to Hobgoblin #2, Canthos' sword neatly finds a chink in his armor and pierces his heart, his foe collapsing to the ground with nary a sound.
Galibain's aim is quite excellent, and his arrow strikes Hobgoblin #3 in the eye.

Hobgoblin #4 utters a guttural cry and tries to rush Gilgoli and Mauri to take vengeance, but in his blind rage he fails to consider Canthos a threat - a mistake that costs him his life.
Hobgoblin #5 tries to rush Mastema, but with an arrow in his shoulder, she easily sidesteps his clumsy swing.
Hobgoblin #6, grievously injured, runs towards the keep.

OOC: Though you guys can't complain too much, four out of six hobs went down this turn. :p
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
Canthos goes to pick up his dropped bow, going around the hobgoblin facing off with Mastema (#5), and fires off an arrow at the fleeing hobgoblin (#6). He also places his Hex onto that hobgoblin.

OOC: Made an attack, but I messed up the roll. It was a miss, in any case. Here it is, for reference.
 

GetterBurai

Toyetic Fiend
Validated User
«You can be brave or you can be a survivor -- choose quickly,» Galibain barks out in the Goblin tongue toward the warrior attacking Mastema, before drawing and loosing another arrow towards the fleeing hobgoblin.

OOC: Attack roll is a 25; damage would be 7hp.
 

chitzk0i

Miniature Creampuff
Validated User
Gilgoli also takes aim at the fleeing hobgoblin, silently merging into the brush before letting loose an arrow.

OOC:
Dice rolls
Stealth: 1d20+8 27
Longbow with advantage 2#1d20+6 15 13
Damage with sneak attack: 1d8+4+2d6 15
 

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Mastema backed up into the trees and released another arrow at her attacker, she briefly considered switching to melee but the bow gave her more options for the moment.


OOC:
Longbow +4 = 24 ( Crit.)
Damage +2 = 16.
 
Last edited:

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
And that, as they say, is that - Galibain hits the fleeing hobgoblin in the back and it falls, dead. Mastema's arrow takes the last hobgoblin in the eye.

The forest falls still.
 

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
Mauri glances about. "Well. That was bracing. Anyone in need of healing?" When nobody answers in the positive, he focuses on the small fortress ahead. "I rather suspect the element of surprise is lost to us now."
 

Medley

Asking for it
Banned
Validated User
OOC: Not to rain on anyone's parade or nuthin', since Mastema would have defeated that hobgoblin anyway, but probably better to lay out the proper rules: the way critical hits work in 5e is slightly differently from how it is in other editions. Natural 20s are critical hits, with no need to confirm, but do not do double damage. Instead, you roll twice any dice that contribute to damage, and then you add any static modifiers as usual. Mastema would have done 2d8+2 damage on a critical hit. For another example, if Gilgoli got a critical hit while using a longbow, he would do 2d8+4d6+4, rolling twice the 1d8 from the longbow and each of his two d6s from the Sneak Attack damage.


OOC: It was near sundown at the start of the battle. Is it dark enough to be heavily obscured now?


"It may not be so, sir Ukkonen," Canthos says, wiping his sword off on one of the hobgoblin's tunics. "Doubtless the occupiers in the keep will soon miss their patrol, but the coming night might give us an opportunity to keep them disoriented still."

If it is/will be dark enough
"Sir Poorfellow, if you would cast a light on something sir Ukkonen is carrying, please do, but keep it obscured until it is needed. This is my suggestion: we ought approach by the wall that borders the left of the keep, judged from the entryway. At a distance, even hobgoblins are blinded by the night, so we will keep beyond that distance until I can remove the sentry in the corner tower. As soon as I do, or even before, you others should head to the walls. The keep seems small enough that we should be able to scale it easily. But if not, I have rope to offer." Canthos passes his hempen rope with a grappling hook attached. "Make your way over the walls immediately, and I will follow after. It will be much easier for us if we can fight them within the walls, rather than face them while they are behind their walls, I think."
 
Last edited:

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
OOC: Fixed post. Damage is 4 lower if that matters.
 

GetterBurai

Toyetic Fiend
Validated User
"Alas, I can only create lights such as these, not bind them to other objects," Galibain said, recalling the glowing orbs near him with a subtle wave of his hand, "but I can keep them obscured, and hew to Ukkonen's side to deploy them again as needed," he continues, demonstrating by sweeping the lights out of view beneath his cloak.
 
Top Bottom