D&D Classics Thread of DOOM!

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
This thread is for the discussion of products released at the D&D Classics website (a subpage of DriveThruRPG/OneBookShelf). It supplants the old thread not because the old one has it the post limit, but because several posters requested a new one that features my "D&D Classics Items Availability" sheet in the first post.

This document takes the form of a publicly editable Google Sheet and can be found here.

If you see any information that needs to be added or updated, please do so.

First of all, the sheet is supposed to list all D&D releases by TSR and WotC, ever (plus "Dragonlance Fifth Age"). I think we found pretty much all of them, but we might have missed some from the later D&D 3.5 period, as we had to cobble it together from several lists.

It also lists whether the product is available as a PDF from D&D Classics - and if it is available, lists the link.

Finally, it also has a comments section which should feature information whether or there are missing pages or similar problems - missing or switched maps seem to be a particular problem. Again, if you find a problem in your PDF, tell us in this thread - and append the Sheet, if you can. Other useful product information can be added as well.

It also has some further subsheets which are still work in progress. One category are setting-based sheets for D&D settings, which refer to the entries in the edition-based subsheets (so that when the information changes in the edition-based subsheets the information in the setting subsheets will change automatically). Finished so far are the Mystara and Forgotten Realms subsheets. Work on the Greyhawk subsheet has barely started, and there is nothing on Dragonlance, so far. Is anyone interested in tackling those?

As a further idea, I thought of adding an "Adventures" subsheet - a sheet which lists all adventure-type products, as well as their settings and recommended minimum and maximum character levels. But we should probably wait with that until the setting subsheets are done.

Any other suggestions for expanding this document?

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Interesting releases today:

- Divine Power (4e)
- Dragon 364
- Dungeon 155
- Dungeon 156
- Planescape Campaign Setting
- Defenders of the Faith: A Guidebook to Clerics and Paladins (3e)

This means that all Planescape boxed sets have now been released. This is also the first time that Dragon and Dungeon magazine issues have been released on D&D Classics. It would not surprise me if they eventually wanted to publish all of them (excepting the Paizo runs, presumably) - including the very old issues which were only released as a CD-ROM (what was the quality of the scans on that CD, anyway?).

Once again, I've updated the Availability Document - which meant introducing new subsheets for Dragon and Dungeon magazines. I think I will also include the Paizo issues as well.

Madcat

motorbikin'
Validated User
Interesting releases today:
This means that all Planescape boxed sets have now been released. This is also the first time that Dragon and Dungeon magazine issues have been released on D&D Classics. It would not surprise me if they eventually wanted to publish all of them (excepting the Paizo runs, presumably) - including the very old issues which were only released as a CD-ROM (what was the quality of the scans on that CD, anyway?).
Scans were pretty good, as is the OCR.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
While adding the magazine issues sold by Paizo, I stumbled across something curious:

With both Dragon and Dungeon, the publisher was mostly listed as Paizo - but frequently it is also listed as Wizards of the Coast.

I thought Paizo had the license to publish these magazines for some time, so is this just a mixup, or does Paizo have a deal to sell some issues produced by Wizards of the Coast? And if so, is it likely that this deal will be revoked at some point in the future?

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
It would not surprise me if they eventually wanted to publish all of them (excepting the Paizo runs, presumably) - including the very old issues which were only released as a CD-ROM (what was the quality of the scans on that CD, anyway?).
IIRC, the old issues got an overhaul and have actual vectored text as opposed to being scans.

MacBalance

Validated User
Not the word I'd have used. "Suspicious" and "disturbing" ...
Why do you say? Any suggestion of news on the publication front for 5e Dragon/Dungeon or similar would be of interest to a lot of people. This at least shows a bit of interest.

Were these released in print, or PDF/DDI only?

The Planescape Setting is of much more interest to me. It looks complete, although I've not pulled out my real copy to check. It's five files:

1. Player's Guide
  2. DM's Guide
  3. DM Screen and Monstrous Supplement (Only a dozen monsters, although Modron is a combo entry for the 15 variants including Primus)
  4. Sigil and Beyond (Mostly 'How to run Planescape adventures' and such.)
  5. Posters (Outer planes, Planescape Cosmological Tables, four key locations, The Outlands, Sigil B&W Sketch, Sigil City of Doors Map, The Powers by Plane, Faction Logos)

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I hope this means the monstrous compendiums are not far behind.

Seriously I have been waiting forever for those and the annuals.

Top Bottom