• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

D&D Flash Gordon Adventure Recommendations

fjw70

Validated User
I am looking to run a Flash Gordon game with Savage Worlds. FG has a lot of fanatasy elements and I will be looking to convert some D&D adventures to the setting. Do you have any recommendations on which D&D advenatures would work well with FG?

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
This seems like an odd mix. Why D&D adventures in particular, since they don't match either the setting or system you're aiming for?

fjw70

Validated User
Why D&D? I have a bunch of those, they are easy to obtain, and I am very familiar with the rules for conversion purposes.

DavetheLost

Validated User
Something like Against the Cult of the Reptile God might be fairly easy to convert. A bit of Invasion of the Body Snatchers in feel and theme. Population being slowly taken over by a force that is taking control of the citizens, characters face down the bad thing behind it.

Last edited:

vitruvian

Validated User
Look for some old Planescape stuff having to do with the Githyanki, perhaps. I was in at least one campaign where there were adventures in the Astral Sea against them and direct parallels were drawn between their lich queen and her phylactery vis a vis Ming the Merciless and his ring...

fjw70

Validated User
Something like Against the Cult of the Reptile God might be fairly easy to convert. A bit of Invasion of the Body Snatchers in feel and theme. Population being slowly taken over by a force that is taking control of the citizens, characters face down the bad thing behind it.
That’s a good one.

fjw70

Validated User
Look for some old Planescape stuff having to do with the Githyanki, perhaps. I was in at least one campaign where there were adventures in the Astral Sea against them and direct parallels were drawn between their lich queen and her phylactery vis a vis Ming the Merciless and his ring...
Not that familiar with Planescape, but worth checking out.

Nerag

Cat Fragment
Validated User
I'm doing a sword and Planet game for my kids using Middle Earth 5th Edition D+D. I'm not familiar with the mythology of Flash Gordon beyond the movie but I've got a Barsoom that does the job. I'm thinking of re-skinning the Scholar as a Scientist.

DarkMoc

Validated User
Spelljammer modules might work, since they deal with space. I think the easiest ones to work with plot-wise would be Wildspace (enter a doomsday weapon and figure out how to shut it down) and Under the Dark Fist (infiltrate an evil empire to stop it from invading). Skull & Crossbows and Space Lairs both provide multiple mini-adventures, some of which might be useful.

Top Bottom