• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[D&D Next] Possibly dumb question about posting

The Radioactivist

Validated User
So,

Not having the rules in front of me on the D&D Next Playtest, is it allowable to post a creature I converted for folks to take a look at and make suggestions, or is that a no-go?

Thanks!

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
Honestly, I have no clue. And I expect the same is true of others who have viewed your post.

tsadkiel

Blue and mean.
Validated User
So,

Not having the rules in front of me on the D&D Next Playtest, is it allowable to post a creature I converted for folks to take a look at and make suggestions, or is that a no-go?

Thanks!
I also don't have the playtest agreement in front of me, but I've seen other people on other sites post converted monster stat blocks, and so far no one has been taken out by WotC's crack team of ninja assassins.

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
No editions but 3.0 and 3.5 are explicitly covered by the OGL, yet clones of all of them are found everywhere. So are (mostly) out-of-print editions, but WotC doesn't seem to take any action here.

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's a column here where people are doing D&D Next stuff, so I guess it's okay. By the original rules of the agreement for playtests, I think not, but nobody seems to pay attention to that.

fjw70

Validated User
I don't see the issue. You aren't reproducing anything from the playtest packet. It is something of your own creation.

I did see a Tweet from one of the WotC guys saying how great it was that people were creating content for a game that had not been released yet.

Go for it.

Doctor Futurity

Camazotz the Death Bat
Validated User
IIRC from the playtest agreement you can't post chunks of the playtest whole cloth, but there's no issue at this point with original creations. I've put 5E stuff on my blog (monsters and scenarios) and I'm still alive, so I think it's okay.

Top Bottom