• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[D&D4] Immortal Rules

Web Warlock

Ghost of Albion
Validated User
So I had this horrible thought.

With all the talk in the Demonomicon thread about 30+ levels I started thinking about the D&D (BEMCI) rules.
After level 36 you became an immortal and the game became a bit different.

So in D&D4 what if levels 31 to 40 were an Immortal Tier.

To do it I think you would need to choose some sort of Sphere or Aspect of immortality, which would be based somewhat on your class and your epic destiny.

What sort of powers do you think this tier should have? I was thinking that you would end up regaining some power you lost. Like getting a daily back (so you had two now) and encounter powers.

Just a really random thought, but one I might investigate further.

Tim

Vargo Teras

Validated User
Paragon paths typically have a "when you use an action point, [x]". A number of epic destinies have a "when you die/are reduced to 0 hp, [x]". What is an appropriate common element for Immortal domains?

Mouseferatu

Validated User
Paragon paths typically have a "when you use an action point, [x]". A number of epic destinies have a "when you die/are reduced to 0 hp, [x]". What is an appropriate common element for Immortal domains?
I think you'd need a "once per day when you're bloodied" ability, and a major domain-related "once per day, at will" that's on par with, or better than, the PP action point and the ED "when you die" powers.

Web Warlock

Ghost of Albion
Validated User
This is, at best, a half baked notion of mine.

But it something I think I am going to consider as I gear up for my new D&D4 game. Once that is the D&D 3 one we are playing is done.

I'll pull down my Immortals rules and go over them all again.

Tim

Cave Bear

Banned
Some kind of super-transformation second-form thing.
If my enemies are gonna freak out and go all "One-Winged Angel" on me, then I should too.

JohnBiles

Validated User
Something related to worshipers, maybe.

Matrix Sorcica

Embodied Movie Quote
Validated User
You might want to check out www.immortalshandbook.com. The author is updating to 4E but while his products have been great (his work on Challenge Ratings and encounter level in 3.x was outstanding and the foundation for the rules in Trailblazer), his release scedule makes glaciers look rushed.

Edit: link fixed, and thanks Bloodwolf ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom