• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [D&D5] Adventuring for Fun and Profit!

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...I don't want to let it roast me again," said Xandra, quietly, and then the light of Vengeance was in her eyes, and she lunged, her blade a line of white and red! Fire and smoke billowed around her as the hound was sent to hell, leaving her half-covered in burnt fur.

"I," she said, "need a bath. Badly. Let's get the Anima."

OOC: Move, Attack... 2#1d20+8: 2 # 28 [1d20=20] 14 [1d20=6] Well. The second is a miss, but the first is a Crit, so Lv 1 Smite... and double the dice with a crit. Soooo.... Good lord.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Alessia shields her eyes with the sleeve of her robe as bits of Hellhound fly everywhere. "...ok, I think we got 'em." She leaves the others to the dirty work of retrieving the anima from the burny dogs and scours the chamber for the Malus, or for signs that this wasn't really the end of the dungeon after all.

OOC: Static investigate would be 17, advantage if dealing with secret doors.
 

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
After finishing off the last the hellhound, and extracting the anima from the two corpses, the group looks around. Normally the malus would appear, and that would be the end of the dungeon.

Naturally, things weren't that simple, and the malus failed to appear.

Which meant the hellhounds were just level guardians, not dungeon guardians.

Which in turn meant there had to be someway to descend.

After a few moments of searching, Alessia locates a secret door in the left side of the chamber. After checking for traps, she pushes the concealed button and the rivulets of lava flowed apart as a heavy stone door swung open, revealing a 10' wide staircase leading down.

Carefully, the party made their way downstairs.

At the bottom was a 10' wide passage that went as far as their eyes could see. The walls and floor were made of stone blocks mortared together, forming an arched ceiling 10' high. Six inches of stagnant water covered the floor and the walls were covered in patches of fluorescent slime. The light from the slime dimly illuminates the passage.

The breath of the dungeon blows back and forth with every inhalation and exhalation, warm, fetid, and moist. Its heartbeat echoes through the sewer-like passage.

Spoiler: Show
Varuuc kills the hellhound and everyone beats the corpse. ;)

You extract two 70gp anima! You currently have 2x70gp and 15x10gp.

Alessia finds a secret door!

At the bottom of the stairs is a passage that's at least 60' long. There's dim light, enough to see by perfectly since you all have darkvision. At this point, I'll need a marching order of sorts, and perhaps some sort of standard operating procedure. Feel free to discuss it ICly!

Or of course, you could call it a day and regroup, since this isn't a simple one level dungeon like the request suggested.

Name
InitPer/InsProf+HPACResources UsedStatusAbility ScoresSkillsSavesNotes
Alessia1214D/11+328/2815OKST-1 DX+3 CN+0 IN+4 WS+1 CH+2Acrobatics, Disguise Kit, Deception+, Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit, Investigation, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth+, Thieves’ Tools+DX INHeadband of Intellect: Int 19
Ash1714D+/14+338/3816Hexblade Curse: 1OKST-1 DX+2 CN+2 IN+0 WS+1 CH+3Deception, Insight, Intimidation+, Perception, StealthWS CHBoot of Elvenkind: Adv(Stealth/movement)
Nib1413D/13+333/3316Ki: 1OKST+4 DX+4 CN+1 IN+1 WS+2 CH-1Acrobatic+, Athletics, Stealth, SurvivalDX STStone of Good Luck: +1 Save/Ability Checks
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: Str 19
Tik1320D/17+338/3818Slot: 2
C: Mirror Images(2:1)
OKST+0 DX+3 CN+2 IN+0 WS+4 CH-1Animal Handling, Insight, Perception+, SurvivalWS IN
Varuuc109D/9+344/4416OKST+3 DX+0 CN+2 IN+2 WS-1 CH+1Acrobatics, Arcana, Intimidation, Performance+ST CNAdamantine Armor: Ignore Crits
Heavy Armor: Disadvantage(Stealth)
Xandra1919D/14+334/4419Slot: 22
Channel Div: 1
OKST+0 DX+4 CN+2 IN-1 WS+1 CH+3
Disguise Kit, Insight, Intimidation+, Persuasion, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Thieves' ToolsWS CHCloak of Protection: +1 Saves/AC
Sentinel Shield: Advantage(Init, Per)

 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Well, we're all in pretty good shape, right?" Alessia asks the others as they look down the tunnel. "May as well see what else this has in store - it's a sneaky one, so maybe it's been here longer than anyone noticed. And if it's sneaky it's probably not that tough, eh?" she suggests.

OOC: Alessia should probably be one of the out - fronters, since she can search for traps while moving at normal pace and she has advantage and resistance if she springs one. With someone following up who she can duck behind quickly.
 
Last edited:

Crimson Carcharodon

Registered User
Validated User
Varuuc shoulders his axe, letting the glow fade for the moment until the blade is back to plain, forge-blackened steel, before answering Alessia.

"Those hellhounds weren't as strong as they seemed. I say we keep going. We seem to have weathered this dungeon fairly well so far."

Spoiler: Show
I'm good with Varuuc being up front with Alessia. He's got darkvision and a good amount of hit points to to tank some damage if we hit a trap or we get ambushed.
 

Markov

The Fabulous King
Validated User
"I wouldn't mind getting a further look, though there is the matter of the request's details. We may need a word about that, when we return."

Spoiler: Show

Middle HP, middle of the pack for Ash, unless anyone has a suggestion there.
 

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I wouldn't mind getting a further look, though there is the matter of the request's details. We may need a word about that, when we return."

Spoiler: Show

Middle HP, middle of the pack for Ash, unless anyone has a suggestion there.
OOC: Please remember to include your character's name in your posts so I know who's talking! I know it's in the sblock, but please bear with me.
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
TIK

"Well, we're all in pretty good shape, right?" Alessia asks the others as they look down the tunnel. "May as well see what else this has in store - it's a sneaky one, so maybe it's been here longer than anyone noticed. And if it's sneaky it's probably not that tough, eh?" she suggests.
Varuuc shoulders his axe, letting the glow fade for the moment until the blade is back to plain, forge-blackened steel, before answering Alessia.

"Those hellhounds weren't as strong as they seemed. I say we keep going. We seem to have weathered this dungeon fairly well so far."
"I wouldn't mind getting a further look, though there is the matter of the request's details. We may need a word about that, when we return."
Tik squints a little at Alessia and smiles wryly. "Indeed. How tough could something small and sneaky really be?" Then he turns to the others and shrugs eloquently. "It's a dungeon. One level or twenty, they want it cleared. No sense in marching back up to ask."
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Xandra

"I'm fine pressing on," said Xandra. "I'd have marshaled my strength more... but no matter; I have power enough left. Let's continue."

She took a position near the front; she was, after all, the best-protected member of the team.
 

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nib

"I'm good to keep going. Those mongrels were hardly even a warm up." Nib chuckles as he falls into formation at the back of the line along side Tik. "Think we should charge whoever posted this job extra for each floor we find? Then maybe next time they'll do their homework before posting a quest. Kekeke!"

OOC:
Gonna take up the rear behind Tik so if anyone tries to sneak up on us expecting to pick off the small one will be in for a punchy surprise. Plus Nib can get to the front lines super fast if need be with his crazy high mobility.
 
Top Bottom