• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [D&D5] Adventuring for Fun and Profit!

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: No monster stood out as particularly bright, no.
OOC: I meant in the sense of 'can be used for massive illumination', not smarts ;) Unless that's what you meant too... Anyway! For some reason I thought this game hadn't updated in a couple days...

sling with disadvantage (bludgeoning but magical): 2d20l1+6 13 1d4+3 7

An actual hit still, on a wounded one if any are left. And the next round isn't disadvantaged, right?

Alessia hangs back and tries to use the noise of the forming wall to tell the difference between what's just bleak, swirling shadow and what's bleak, swirling shadow that she can actually thwack with a slingstone.

...to her astonishment, she hears it actually hit something.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The shadows continue to mill around helplessly within the darkness as they're picked off one by one. Either they can't leave the darkness, or the dungeon core is too afraid to let them, and can't understand what's happening.

Until, finally, there were none. The dungeon almost seems to quiver in fear.

OOC: Or, in other words, I came up with the setup, and then saw that Ash had Devil Sight. Which was cool! The dungeon core has no way of knowing that, so it didn't alter its final defenses.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...Well," said Xandra. "I'd have thought that they would come out. Ash, will you do the honors?"

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
TIK

Tik peers at the darkness a moment longer after everyone stops slinging death at it, then asks, "Is it over? Did we win?"

Markov

The Fabulous King
Validated User
Ash

"Gladly." Ash practically skips down the spine to the dungeon's core to finish the process, still holding on to the rope in case anyone wants to follow along. "You know, I have to say, this got surprisingly less terrible as it went. I'll take darkness over disgusting zombie....ick...any day."

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The dungeon's heart stops when the party shatters the core. A diffuse light fills the great chamber.

Where the core was, a chest appears. Opening it, the party finds.

A rapier with a crimson steel blade.

A perfectly clear gem the size of a sheep's eyeball.

A periapt on a fine silver chain, smelling slightly of incense.

An ivory rod with a pattern of grape leaves and frolicking nymphs.

A wand that seems to twitch and twist in you hand when you hold it.

The journey back was uneventful, the only encounter of note being the bodies of a band of reaver, their corpses withered, as if by the touch of some bale undead.

Back at the guild, the party reported their success and received their reward of 500gp each.

They turned over the bodies of the Elysian Eagles to the guild. They raised the Eagles' cleric, who then raised her companions. They showered the party with thanks, and promised to reward them as soon as they were back on their feet and their coffers replenished. At the vary least, they promised to help the party, should they ever need it.

All that remained was to figure out what they had found, sell off the anima they had gathered, and rest.

And have a good, long, bath.

[BATTLE ORDER: [Xandra] [Ash] [Nib] [Alessia] [Tik] [Varuuc] ]
Spoiler: Show
COMBAT TABLE

IDing an item requires interacting with it over a short rest (and risking it being a cursed item), or casting identify.

Up to you if you want to play with them on your journey back. Let me know if you do, and which one your character tries to ID.

Anima: 1x500 gp, 1x290gp, 2x230gp, 5x180gp, 4x110gp, 3x70gp, 20x15gp, 34x10gp, 42x5gp, 30x2.5gp
Treasure: Iron Crown(?), Clear Gem(?), Rapier(?), Periapt(?), Rod(?), Wand(?) 1000 gp, 5327gp

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
All the baths. Aaaaaaaall the baths.
But first, "You know... we got a big haul from this one. I say we just eat the cost of Identifying all the unknowns and not risk them turning out to be, like, a rod of impotence or something," Alessia suggests to the others.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Xandra nodded.

"As fun as it would be to play with the blade, best to be safe, I agree."

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nib

"Agreed! I've had more than enough surprises for today! Work smarter, not harder I say!" Nib says, adding his Iron Crown to the haul for identification.

OOC: Edited cause Nib did NOT put on the crown.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: I'm going to assume Nib did not, in fact, put on the Crown, as that wasn't something you specifically did earlier. Because that would have changed things a little bit...

Top Bottom