• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [D&D5] Adventuring for Fun and Profit!

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Yep! i corrected my post while you were posting. :)

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nib

Nib explodes out of the surface of the water like a soaking ball of fury. “Stop ignoring me you fat ugly worm!” He screeches and hammers his fists against the Naga’s hide, but without solid footing to give power to his blows Nib’s fists merely bounce off its hide while his speech gets less and less coherent.

OOC: Moving up to break the surface and make 2 basic attacks with disadvantage against the Naga. This bypasses it’s Cover. 22/12 & 14/25 Miss!
Spending a Ki to Flurry of Blows: 11/23 & 12/16 Another miss!
I’m guessing I should rethink my tactics :sick:

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Naga rears back as spells and arrows barrage it. An evil grin forms on its face at Nib's angry shout.

"Asss you wissssh, little morssssel." It dives back under the water and circles beneath Nib.

It murmurs words of power. Whisper tries to figure out what it's casting, but can make it out.

Nib feels a dark power try to wither his life force, but he manages to circulate his ki and prevent the worst of the spell.

Tyrys paces back and forth within Xandra's protective bubble. "Hang in there, cutie-dragon!" She sends two more eldritch blasts at the naga, but this time her aim is spoiled by the refraction of the water.

Whisper starts to reach for her spell book, but stops and stamps her feet in frustration. "Spirits of the dead, devour." Her voice cracks a little, worry evident in her tone. This time, however, the naga evades her spectral fish.

The Naga is clearly wounded, but it seems to have no fear of death. Perhaps it really is immortal.

Combat Tracker: [ [Xandra] [Nib] [Alessia] [Spirit Naga] [Tyrys] [Whisper] ]
Spoiler: Show
The naga stays within 5 feet of Nib but moves to be beneath him, 5 feet under water.

It casts blight as a 4th level spell on him. Con Save 14 (+2): 1d20+2 15 He saves and takes half damage, so only 18 Necrotic damage.

Tyrys continues firing Eldritch blast x2 +6/1d10+2: 2#1d20+6 13 9 2#1d10+3 8 8. She misses twice.

Whisper considers her prepared spells, which are heavy on AOEs and defaults back to her cantrip. Chill Touch +7/2d7: 1d20+7 10 2d8 11 She also misses.

You guys are up!

OOC: Monster Info: Spirit Naga (Large)

AC: 15(17) HP: 36/75 Saves: ST+4 DX+6 CN+5 IN+3 WS+5 CH+6
Immunities: Poison, poisoned, charmed

Spell Slots Used: 3455

OOC: Battlefield Info: The Spirit Naga is underwater. It has Cover (+2 AC) against attack made from out of the water, making its effective AC a 17.

Anima: 1x500 gp, 1x290gp, 2x230gp, 5x180gp, 5x110gp, 6x70gp, 20x15gp, 34x10gp, 42x5gp, 30x2.5gp

NameInitPer/InsProf+HPACResources UsedStatusAbility ScoresSkillsSavesNotes
Alessia1318D/12+345/4515Spell: 2
DetMagWand: 2
OKST-1 DX+3 CN+1 IN+4 WS+2 CH+1Acrobatics+, Disguise Kit, Deception+, Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit, Investigation, Perception+, Sleight of Hand, Stealth+, Thieves’ Tools+DX INHeadband of Intellect: Int 19
Nib1413D/13+327/4516HD: 5
Ki: 1
OK
Inspired
ST+4 DX+4 CN+1 IN+1 WS+2 CH-1Acrobatic+, Athletics, Stealth, SurvivalDX STStone of Good Luck: +1 Save/Ability Checks
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: Str 19
Xandra1919D/14+360/6019Spell: 2
HD: 2
OK
Inspired
ST+0 DX+4 CN+2 IN-1 WS+1 CH+3Disguise Kit, Insight, Intimidation+, Persuasion, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Thieves' ToolsWS CH +CHCloak of Protection: +1 Saves/AC
Sentinel Shield: Advantage(Init, Per) Aura: +CH to all saves 10', may move half speed w/out provoking when foe provokes Opportunity Attack
Tyrys1211D+/11+330/3816Spell; 4
OKST+2 DX+2 CN+0 IN+1 WS+1 CH+3Arcana, History, Intimidation, ReligionCH, WSResist Fire
Whisper1015D/12+344/4412Arcane Recovery
Spell: 3
OKST-1 DX+0 CN+2 IN+4 WS+2 CH-1Arcana, History, Medicine, Perception, Persuasion, ChessIN, WSStaff of Warding

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I'm starting to hate snakes..." Alessia mutters as she tries to plink with her bow at the naga again. "Nib, get out of there!" ...she hopes he can hear her.

OOC: attack, damage (with sneak attack if it applies?): 1d20+6 21 1d6+3 9 4d6 6 Either 9 or 15, depending on whether the cover negates sneak attack.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Cover doesn't negate sneak attack, so 15 damage it is.

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nib

"I know Alessia! I'm working on it!" Nib says, surging through the water with the Naga hot on his heels. "And I'm...not...A CUTIE!" He growls and lifts himself up out of the pool, turning around and reading an attack just in case the Naga is still in pursuit.

OOC: Spending a Ki to use Step of Wind and Disengage as a bonus action, and then using my move action to climb out of the pool. Holding an action and spending a Ki to attack and try to use Stunning Fist against the Naga if it surfaces to try and attack Nib.
Reaction Attack: 17
Damage: 7
Stunning Fist DC 13 Save: 21
Bleck!

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Alessia's arrow gets the naga's attention.

It coils partially out of the water and chuckles cruelly.

"It'sss been amusssing play with you foolsss." It begins to chant, lighting crackling across its teeth.

Whisper counter-chants. "Weave of the World, unravel. Power of the Primordial, vanish. Arts of the Arcane, be abjured."

But this time the naga's power is to great. Whisper flaps her arms. "L..k ..t!"

A bolt of lightning arcs from the naga, passes through where Alessia and Nib were as they dodge aside, and grounds itself in Xandra, charring the stalwart paladin!

Tyrys frowns. "Enough of this, die already!" She spins forth two more bolts of energy, striking the naga with one.

Whisper follows suit. She raises her staff. "Fires of the Abyss, dance. Archers of the Inferno, draw. Arrows of Flames, fly." Two of the three streams of fire engulf the naga. As flames billow from its eye sockets it chuckles one last time, "Foolsss..." before its lifeless body sinks beneath the water.

As the party tries to extract its anima as their reward, they find it has none.

Whisper paces back and forth only the edge of the pond, lost in though. Suddenly, she stops and frantically waves her arms.

"I. w.. a .ag.! . n..a! T.e. .an.ot b. k..l.d s.or. .f a .ish! .t .il c.m. b.c. .o l..e .om.tim. i. .he .ex. si. .ays!"

Frustrated, she grabs Alessia and whispers in her ear.

"It was a naga! A naga! They cannot be killed short of a Wish! It will come back to life sometime in the next six days!"

Combat Tracker: [ [Xandra] [Nib] [Alessia] [Tyrys] [Whisper] ]
Spoiler: Show
The Naga casst lightning bolt again, this time as a 4th level spell.

Whisper casts counterspell as a 3rd level spell. Counterspell DC 14 (+4): 1d20+4 13 She fails.

People's positions are a bit nebulous, but the Naga's primary targets are NIb and Xandra. The bolt will hit one other person 1: Alessia 2: Tyrys 3: Whisper: 1d3 1 Alessia it is!

DC 14 Dex saves for those folks (Nib is not in Xandra's aura yet): DC 14: Alessia +9; Nib +8; Xandra +8: 1d20+9 14 1d20+8 16 1d20+8 9 Alessia and Nib both save, and since they both have evasion they take no damage. Xandra is not as lucky and takes the full 31 damage.

Tyrys eldritch blasts again: Eldritch Blast x2 +6/1d10+3: 2#1d20+6 12 20 2#1d10+3 7 11 Hits once for 11 damage.

Whisper doesn't want to give the Naga another round to act, so she casts scorching ray as a 2nd level spell. Scorching Ray x3 +7/2d6: 3#1d20+7 10 22 22 3#2d6 10 9 9 Two hits for a total of 13 damage, finishing the off the Naga.

It doesn't leave behind an anima...

Tyrys +4, Whisper +7: 1d20+4 10 1d20+7 20

Whisper realizes what the monster was, but can she communicate that information!?

Anima: 1x500 gp, 1x290gp, 2x230gp, 5x180gp, 5x110gp, 6x70gp, 20x15gp, 34x10gp, 42x5gp, 30x2.5gp

NameInitPer/InsProf+HPACResources UsedStatusAbility ScoresSkillsSavesNotes
Alessia1318D/12+345/4515Spell: 2
DetMagWand: 2
OKST-1 DX+3 CN+1 IN+4 WS+2 CH+1Acrobatics+, Disguise Kit, Deception+, Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit, Investigation, Perception+, Sleight of Hand, Stealth+, Thieves’ Tools+DX INHeadband of Intellect: Int 19
Nib1413D/13+327/4516HD: 5
Ki:2
OK
Inspired
ST+4 DX+4 CN+1 IN+1 WS+2 CH-1Acrobatic+, Athletics, Stealth, SurvivalDX STStone of Good Luck: +1 Save/Ability Checks
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: Str 19
Xandra1919D/14+329/6019Spell: 2
OK
Inspired
ST+0 DX+4 CN+2 IN-1 WS+1 CH+3Disguise Kit, Insight, Intimidation+, Persuasion, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Thieves' ToolsWS CH +CHCloak of Protection: +1 Saves/AC
Sentinel Shield: Advantage(Init, Per) Aura: +CH to all saves 10', may move half speed w/out provoking when foe provokes Opportunity Attack
Tyrys1211D+/11+330/3816Spell; 4
OKST+2 DX+2 CN+0 IN+1 WS+1 CH+3Arcana, History, Intimidation, ReligionCH, WSResist Fire
Whisper1015D/12+344/4412Arcane Recovery
Spell: 233
OKST-1 DX+0 CN+2 IN+4 WS+2 CH-1Arcana, History, Medicine, Perception, Persuasion, ChessIN, WSStaff of Warding

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Alessia obviously shares what Whisper says.

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nib

"Hmph, what a pain in the arse this is shapping up to be." Nib scratches his head and wrings the water out of his tunic while listening to Alessia relay Whisper's warning."Well, I can't imagine it'll take us 6 days to clear out this place. And if we destroy the heart of the dungeon that'll destroy all the beasties too, won't it? So why don't we just take a moment to catch our breath before pressing on." Nib nods to the pool of water and the passage underneath the surface.

Top Bottom