• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

d24???

beatnik gamer

Banned
Ok, so the d24 exists.

What, exactly, is it used for? I know it generates random numbers between 1 and 24, but what game system uses such a mechanic?

atonal chaotic

Retired User
The d24 exists to fill the d24-shaped hole in the hearts of certain members of the dice-obsessed subsection of the gaming population.

Maijin Drew

Down, Foxy! Bad cat!
According the the Chessex guy at Gen Con, the d34 is used in the Danish lottery.

As for the d24, from what I understand, someone made it just to do it.

Anatosuchus

Definitely not the Antichrist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I haven't seen any systems using one, so mine is currently going to waste. I'd much prefer to see someone start producing a d18.

Spinach Baron

Retired User
I have one. I use it, occasionally, to create a random time of day, by rolling the d24 for hours, a d6 for tens of minutes and a d10 for invidual minutes.

In other words: it is pretty much useless :D

whutaguy

Laser Printed Hero
Validated User
15 years ago I started working on WARPS (Whutaguys assinine Role Playing System) and designed the d24 for character generation. 4d24 results in 04-96, averaging 50. which was far superior to d%.

I receive no credit for the current production models, but it is the same as I designed. Great minds think alike and apparently so do lesser models.

Irlymvhir

Validated User
There is a possibility I might use it for my World of Ro RPG but that still up for debate.

-P.C.

Contrarian

AD&D has d24 tables on pages 41, 42, and 111 of the Players Handbook, and on pages 101 and 137 of the Dungeon Masters Guide.

If Gygax made a table that can use it, clearly the die needs to exist. 'nuff said.

EDIT TO ADD: Also, pages 100 and 168 of the DMG.

Last edited:
Top Bottom