• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Dan Houser - Freelance Illustrator

Alienmastermind

Master of Dungeons
Validated User
Hi guys and gals!

My name's Dan Houser, I'm a published Freelancer working with several publishers at the moment, but find that there's never enough work to fill my schedule. I've been working as a freelance artist since 2005, and have improved by leaps and bounds.

My work can be seen in Adamant Entertainment's Villainomicon, Phipps Publishing's upcoming 'Book of Villains' and 'Wargames', as well as serving as Line Artist for Adamant's ICONS line of modules and supplements as they come up. In addition, I've done work for the BASH system as well.

I've also been working on something I call 'Wave Zero' for the ICONS line, which you can see more about here.

Here's the portfolio, but I feel that it would also do to show off some of my work here in the thread as well.

My style of work tends to be a more animation/illustration comic style. So, if you're looking for a painted look, I've not yet got my feet wet in that particular milieu in as far as I'd be doing card art for Magic: The Gathering or Dungeons and Dragons cover art. :)

My rates are competitive, and my turnaround time is one of the best in the business at the moment. If you'd be interested in hiring me for any kind of freelance work, you can reach me at my email address dan.r.houser (at) gmail.com or via PM here at the site.

Enough business, onto the art.

Dan

David Hamilton

dangerous artist
Validated User
Man, I love that Mouseguard stuff.

Your superhero stuff is cool, as well. Are those all original characters?

Alienmastermind

Master of Dungeons
Validated User
Well, the first picture is Wave Zero. The heroes there were created by folks who were involved in the pre-order for ICONS, the new Steve Kenson supers game. Each character represents (in some cases) the characters of several soon-to-be players of the game.

As you move down, the following characters / art are from Phipps Publishing's Book of Villains, but all original designs by me.

Then, there's Lady America, a Zenith Comics property, and Wolverine from Marvel Comics (a fan pic)

Then the Mouse Guard pics are fan art of my Mouse Guard RPG character, Feodor the Scar, also done because the artist/writer of MG was so nice to my sister at C2E2, and I love the series. ;)

Dan

jhmcmullen

Validated User
And where do we go if we want to commission a piece, Dan?

I'm not sure I do (yet) but we might as well put the info in this thread (unless it's here and I missed it!).

Top Bottom