• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Dark ages fae ideas and supplements

Galdorv

Hi there

I need some ideas or supplement recommendations to run a dark ages fae game. So far i found Isle of the mighty and book of houses as reference. Any ideas with this game or system that looks really tough

Ficino

Rascally Rabbit
Validated User
I'm no expert, but I think Isle of the Mighty and Book of Houses are supplements for Changeling: The Dreaming not for Dark Ages: Fae. So they have a somewhat different game system and a modern setting, not a medieval one. I'm not sure they'd help you much.

I don't think there was much published in the way of supplements for Dark Ages: Fae--most of the books for that line seem to be focused on vampires or on the setting as a whole, not of the fae.

sagaston

Guy Who Makes Things
Validated User
Ars Magica, Pendragon, and D&D all have cool adventures that you could steal ideas from. You'd have to do some tweaking to the settings and throw out the rules, but you might find Curse of Strahd or something similar useful.

NoOneImportant

Validated User
I recall Isle of the Mighty getting a fair amount of flak from native Brits over various issues. I can't recall specifics though.

Dark Ages British Isles is more time specific, but predated the release of DA Fae, unfortunately. I believe there is some Fae material at the Storytellers Vault.

And I'll second Ars Magica sourcebooks as being very useful for fleshing out the period details. I've not read any of their books about the Faerie Realms though, so I can't comment on them.

Galdorv

Ars Magica, Pendragon, and D&D all have cool adventures that you could steal ideas from. You'd have to do some tweaking to the settings and throw out the rules, but you might find Curse of Strahd or something similar useful.
I just found realms of power faerie and looks like the kind of source that i am looking for

Litpho

Wandering stranger
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I just found realms of power faerie and looks like the kind of source that i am looking for
While I personally really like Realms of Power: Faerie from the 5th edition of Ars Magica, it does present a different view of Fae than DA: Fae does. However, the earlier editions of Ars Magica are closer to DA: Fae conceptually and may be easier to work with. Specifically 4th ed Faerie Stories and 3rd ed Faeries (both still available as pdf, I think).

Top Bottom