darkwood

Tim Gray

Midi-thewed
Validated User
I had a quick look at it in the shop. It seemed quite dense text-wise, with plenty of historical research for the background. I wasn't impressed with the accuracy of the Celtic deities section, though I can't remember why. IIRC there is no real Robin Hood - the idea is that you go around having adventures which later form the basis for his legend. I may have seen a fairly standard 2d6 + abilities vs target system, but don't hold me to that.

Bodde

I am the clit commander
Robin Hood!!???

Does it include rules for green tights ? :rolleyes:

Greetzz
Bodde

Michael Newman

Retired User
Darkwood system

Tim Gray said:
I may have seen a fairly standard 2d6 + abilities vs target system, but don't hold me to that.
Actually, it uses a roll-under-a-stat-on-a-d20 mechanic, with crits and the like similar to BRP. The armor/damage rules were a bit clunky for me.

N

NPC SJE

Best pat is that for a game about Robin Hood, he doesnt actually exist.Instead the idea is that the legend of obin Hood is spawned by the actions of you PCs who play outlaws in Shewood Foest and Northen England.

If they ae viruous theives, stealing fom the rich and giving to the poo then the idea is that the bads and stoytellers just got their names wrong. But if they are complete bastados, then they had very good PR or paid people to make up those legends.

It reminded me about David Gemmels 'Morninsgstar' book where a vicious outlaw becomes popularised accidentally and when he tries to live up to his new reputation, finds redemption.

SJE

Tim Gray

Midi-thewed
Validated User
Thanks, SJE - I was fairly sure I remembered that.

I deduce that you have a problem with your R key. Unless you really are talking about "giving to the poo"? ;)

SJE

Bibliomancer
Validated User
Yep, one of those damned Costa Coffee house renta-PC's.

Reckon someone must have been spilling mocha on the keyboard.

SJE

Top Bottom