IC Dayton Files (Capture the Macguffin)

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
OOC: Rolling Charm +0.

Monologue Bait: 4dF+0 3
 

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
Trevor

The High Lord of the Trees is delighted by Trevor's complements. "Yes, of course. But for me it was a simple matter. I knew that to ensure my victory, I had simply to determine what the others were planning on offering and outbid them, guaranteeing my prize at the lowest cost. So my subjects surrounded and infiltrated Mr. Terry's home. They quickly determined whom he had contacted to make bids. I've had them out whispering that list to anyone that will listen so that when I'm victorious in recovering the artifact before them, everyone will know of my victory and my enemies will know the shame of defeat. They were able to determine the offers that were made by McGregor and Kitty. The Shifty Bookkeep and Hannah the Horrible had not yet made their offers, when Seirk's right hand kobold arrived. Mr. Terry must have had some past dealings with the man, because he started screaming as he approached the house. The kobold moved quickly and once the screaming started. He left shortly later with a piece-of-paper in hand, seemingly not too perturbed. My noble servant on the inside was killed as part of this assault so I don't know exactly what occurred during the assault, but surely, he now knows where the Hawk is. My servants have been tailing him. When he makes his move to claim it, they will be ready to intercept him. His downfall will be quite exquisite. In his moment of victory, he will find himself feeling quite elated. Then he will be attacked by a vicious rat. The poor creature must necessarily be sacrificed, but likely this will startle him and the mixture of triumph and adrenaline should hide the effect of the fentanyl the rat delivered all over its fur until it is too late. When he collapses, my agents will claim the prize. The police will arrive to remove the adled man. And he will be permanently removed from the board when he is imprisoned for the murder. No loose ends."


Jaala

The tech never emerges. But one of the patrons Jaala saw in the shop leaves walking down the street and around the corner. Then two minutes later, the same patron leaves again. This one gets into a car parked on the street nearby.

As the concealing magic dissipates, the squirrel that had been scanning the street, jumps and moves to be closer to her. She's definitely got a tail.

OOC: Sorry for the terrible pun. It will take a little time, but Trevor can find out that Krissa was impersonating a real tech. She does not actually work for the police force.
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
JAALA [Standard Stress 0/6; Wizard Stress 3/6]

Sorry for the terrible pun.
OOC: If it's not terrible, is it even worth presenting as a pun?

Jaala sends another text to Trevor. <<Lost her. No pic. New disguise.>> Then she crosses the street again and gets on her motorcycle and heads out.

OOC: If she knows where Trevor actually went to meet Fur Butt, she'll drive to the outer gates of the cemetery and wait. If not she'll head to the nearest bar that serves Bushmills, order a shot or three, and wait to hear from him.
 

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
OOC: Actually, you can do both. There's a bar/bar-b-que place 500 ft. from the main gate of the cemetery.
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
OOC: Shots of whiskey and a bottle of their hottest hot sauce . . . just in case. :unsure:
 

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Trevor [Stress 3/6]

The ARC Operative nodded, surprised that he was able to get the Squirrel King talking at all. So Sierk's kobold friend was definitely the thug... but who was the owner of the powerful magical presence that arrived after Mr. Terry's death? Trevor was even more shocked at the lethal approach that the man... squirrel... fey... was taking. Fentonyl on a rat? As ingenious as it is terrifying.

"A masterful plan indeed, High Lord of the Trees. It is no surprise you are the front runner in the Contest of the Hawk. Please remember that only ARD approached you for an alliance without knowing of your coming victory. Knowing how important this alliance will be, I must take your words and terms to my superiors so that they may make all the appropriate preparations."

Trevor excuses himself then, as smoothly and as quickly as possible without risking the ire of the Squirrel King. Once out of the cemetery he pulled out his phone and unlocked it. He could have just spoken into his earpiece but he was now more acutely aware than ever that rodents could be hiding, and watching, at any time. He spoke as if he'd just dialed. "Hi Gabby, it's me. I think my meeting went well... anything you want to fill me in on while I've been busy?"

That's when he noticed the text messages from Jaala.

<<If you have an in with the police, pull the forensic tech's file from earlier. I only have a first name. Krissa. Might not be her real name. Pull what you can. Address. DL info. Make and model if she drives. etc. I'll try to get a pic for facial if I can in case the name is fake.>>

<<Let me know when you're done. Prolly best I don't show my face where Fur Butt can fuss about it.>>

<<Lost her. No pic. New disguise.>>


After sitting in the car and turning on the engine and the radio as a bit of a sound 'buffer' he passed on the request to Gabby. "There was a forensic tech on the scene this morning, first name of Kirssa, though that may or may not be fake. Jaala was going to see Jamal Washington... so he may have given her the name as a lead. See what you can find from the police files, I'll let you know more details when I have them.

<<Just got done, sitting in my car. Where are you now?>>
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
JAALA [Standard Stress 0/6; Wizard Stress 3/6]

<<Down the street. Vial of hot sauce in my pocket. Knocking back shots. Bar/BBQ joint.>>
 

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Trevor [Stress 3/6]

Vial of hot sauce? Trevor made a face as a he tried to decipher what that meant. Is that some sort of code?

<<I'm inbound, but I'm probably being squir-veilled. We'll need to eat inside, preferably somewhere loud.>>

Trevor got out of the challenger and walked down the street and entered the BBQ joint. Places like this have good food, but never spell out the actual word. "I've got some updates, but you first. How does this Krissa person fit into all this?"
 

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
JAALA [Standard Stress 0/6; Wizard Stress 3/6]

<<LoL. I prolly have my own squirrelveilence team. They were thick as fleas around the bookstore and this is his High Squirreliness' home turf. Ribs are decent here.>>
 

Llayne

Random Player Guy
Validated User
Trevor [Stress 3/6]

The ARC Operative sat down across from Jaala and waived the waitress over. "I've got some updates, but you first. How does this Krissa person fit into all this?"
 
Top Bottom