• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

DCC RPG- there's not that much errata for the 1st printing, is there?

Samaritan

One of the good guys.
Validated User
Just out of curiosity while clearing off my shelves, I took a look at my copy of the DCC RPG... it's the first printing, and I know others have come after, so I did a bit of looking to see if there was that much difference. I'm one of those people that likes to have the most recent in-print version of a book.

Turns out, for a book this size? There's not that much. Maybe a page of rules clarifications, and a couple more of index corrections. Unless I'm missing something... that's a pretty good track record.

The Disgruntled Poet

Validated User
Just out of curiosity while clearing off my shelves, I took a look at my copy of the DCC RPG... it's the first printing, and I know others have come after, so I did a bit of looking to see if there was that much difference. I'm one of those people that likes to have the most recent in-print version of a book.

Turns out, for a book this size? There's not that much. Maybe a page of rules clarifications, and a couple more of index corrections. Unless I'm missing something... that's a pretty good track record.
Not much that I'm aware of. Goodman guys are classy and professional, so not that big a shock. But also consider the nature of DCC rules. They have some broad rules on combat, spells, etc, not a lot of situational modifiers for every possible combat position, maneuver, etc, and not much class complexity. If one result on a spell check table was off, would anyone really know or care (if it was only one result higher than lower than it should be?) After all, magic in DCC is unpredictable and irrational anyway.

Also, DCC judges generally are oldschool folks who are empowered to change the rules or gloss over whatever they don't like or understand anyway. We don't need no stinkin' errata!!!

In short, given the quality of DCC products anyway, the rare problematic error would be quickly overruled and forgotten by a typical DCC judge.

Samaritan

One of the good guys.
Validated User
Oh, sure- I've always liked Goodman Games for their products (both in content and presentation/production value). A tad pricey sometimes, but you get what you pay for eh? :)

Top Bottom