[DCU] DCUniverse (any) Inconsequential Slice-of-Life Headcanon (nods to That Other Guy)

Adeps

Validated User
All good versions of Wonder Woman are completely obsessed with ice cream? Canon for me now. My additional, slightly more "head"-canon is that I assume other natives of Themiscyra happen to share her obsession.

I also (and this is another, more canon than headcanon, really) think that Clark Kent genuinely is as obsessed with apple pie as people jokingly stereotype him as. He gets it from his mother. Martha Kent would eat nothing but various servings of apple pie in various styles, if she could.

Lois, meanwhile, cannot cook, except for a few very simple and practiced dishes. The one exception is that she has memorised and practised Martha Kent's top five recipes for making apple pies. She claimed that she was studying them for Clark's sake, but the fact that she put on a lot of weight the same year that she learned how to cook apple pies the way Martha makes them would suggest otherwise.

Batman, meanwhile, is of course a major health food guy most of the time, and Alfred is always ready to make him healthy food any time of day or night, just to make sure that he actually eats *something*.

But a lot of the time, while out on patrol, Batman will stop by a fast food restaurant to stop himself from weakening due to hunger, whilst also not stopping his ongoing investigations for long enough to eat something healthier. Anyone he works with also eats on his tab by default. He doesn't seem to have noticed that this might seem odd to some people. Clerks in Gotham are just used to it now.

The Thomas & Martha Wayne Foundation now fund a high-quality kitchen at Arkham, ever since Harley and Ivy broke out once and were caught only a few hours later, at a very fancy restaurant, explaining that they'd only broke out just to eat a meal that wasn't as awful as the stuff they were serving in the Arkham canteen at the time.

Khyron

Pope Orion Orangutan Omnibenevolence Kosmos, Yes
Validated User
to add to this, Savage generally avoids working with other immortals, because they inevitably call him on this bullshit
On that note, Vandal Savage and Ra's Al Gul haven't been on speaking terms since the 1920s. Neither one will speak of the incident, but when the subject of working with the other is brought up, the response is quick and to the point: "He knows what happened at Zanzibar!"

Truly, a riddle for the ages.
It may or may not have had something to do with one impersonating the other.

Ra's Al Ghul, at least, finds in infuriating that in the future they are commonly assumed to be the same person under different aliases.
Ra's Al Ghul is also constantly annoyed by Vandal constantly bringing up their age differences. He's over 600 years old, but Vandal keeps treating him like an upstart child because he's "only" over 600 years old.
Would blame Savage.
I mean 600 years is not much of boast.
Jason Blood is older then that.
The Gaiman quote from Sandman about The Truly Old springs to mind. Fewer than 10,000 on the planet who remember the last ice age...

Heck, Hob Gadling is is older than Ras.

Now, the thing I most want to see is a scene, probably in a bar, of Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul, the Shade, Jason Blood, Hob Gadling, the Phantom Stranger*, Arion**, and Mad Hettie just talking. Actually if the right moment in continuity could be found, the Earth-dwelling, wingless Lucifer, who hasn't yet created his own universe, and the head of Orpheus would make interesting additional guests.

*At least two of his multiple choice origins make him at least somewhat immortal, one depicts him as a technically fallen angel unwelcome in Hell, and another basically makes him the Wandering Jew.

**I think he's immortal and has been around in the modern day. I could be wrong.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Now, the thing I most want to see is a scene, probably in a bar, of Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul, the Shade, Jason Blood, Hob Gadling, the Phantom Stranger*, Arion**, and Mad Hettie just talking. Actually if the right moment in continuity could be found, the Earth-dwelling, wingless Lucifer, who hasn't yet created his own universe, and the head of Orpheus would make interesting additional guests.

*At least two of his multiple choice origins make him at least somewhat immortal, one depicts him as a technically fallen angel unwelcome in Hell, and another basically makes him the Wandering Jew.

**I think he's immortal and has been around in the modern day. I could be wrong.
There's also Klarn aka immortal man and possibly the Hawks.

Khyron

Pope Orion Orangutan Omnibenevolence Kosmos, Yes
Validated User
I headcanon that people in comic book universes can actually hear the spelling and font of words. So when someone announces a hero or villain in a special font, people can actually hear and repeat that difference. That's why it's consistent from person to person and time to time. (This also explains how, for example, Spider-Man can hear whether people are pronouncing his hyphen or not.)

I like to think this means that Zatanna's true power isn't her magic. Saying words backwards can cast spells for a lot of people. It's just that for almost everyone, trying to say a word backwards results in a word that sounds kind of like it would sound backwards but is obviously spelled wrong. Zatanna is one of very few people who has the ability to say things backwards with the correct spelling, repeatably.
I like that. I think that means that Alec's orange balloons, Morpheus's black balloons, and Delirium's multi-colored balloons sound different from normal human speech in a meaningful way.

Top Bottom