• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Dear Games Workshop,

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User

Looks like its supposed to have a campaign option?

OMAC 247

Tired of your nonsense
Validated User
AoS was also designed to reduce the SKU bloat and reinforce some copyright issues.
I'm still on the shelf with Warcry, it looks cool enough as a game and the models are lovely, but I'm really just not that sure I personally actually want to play it !

Albertorius

Validated User
Can you cite that? I'd be interested in reading more.
Back when I was working at GW (about 11 years ago) we were told by the higher ups that outside from Spain (where WFB always outsold 40k) the core box of 10 tactical marines sold more than WFB.

OMAC 247

Tired of your nonsense
Validated User
Yeah I can confirm that, WFB sold better in Europe than in the USA, but 40k just crushed everything. Even though we spent 18 months solid throwing studio resources at the plastics range the sales didn't even blip.Hence the inevitable reboot and much wailing and gnashing of teeth, oh it seems such a long while ago now..

Scutarii

Validated User
AoS was also designed to reduce the SKU bloat and reinforce some copyright issues.
I'm still on the shelf with Warcry, it looks cool enough as a game and the models are lovely, but I'm really just not that sure I personally actually want to play it !
I preordered it but ended up cancelling. Been watching game play and it just didn’t look...engaging. Models are pretty but I’m disappointed with the route they decided to go for with it.

Imaginos

the one you warned me of
Validated User
I preordered and actually looking forward to the gameplay. I’ve seen people comment about “losing activity” during the opponents turn. Let’s be honest they just want the 1up saves or whatever. Roll to hit roll to wound roll armor save has finally been condensed into does he wound you. This is good, IMO.

Count Dorku

Renegade librarian
Validated User
Hence the inevitable reboot and much wailing and gnashing of teeth, oh it seems such a long while ago now..
Speaking as an initial wailer-and-teeth-gnasher, while I'm still not a player (frankly, I barely get any actual games in of the things I actually do play these days), I have to commend GW's commitment to making AoS a quality product despite its condition at launch - it didn't just reject all the criticism as just sour grapes over the loss of WHFB, even though there was definitely a decent amount of that (including from me); they took the criticism that the rules it had on release were essentially unfinished, and decided to fix the issues that had arisen from the bad movement rules and the nonexistent game balance to produce a significantly improved game.

They even released some Stormcast designs that I like, which is something that early on I was never expecting to say!

OMAC 247

Tired of your nonsense
Validated User
I think the Warcry game play looks fun and nicely fast paced. I'm not too crazy about the models, they're not bad, just not what I particularly like. I think what actually unsold me was the almost complete lack of customisation within the gangs themselves, virtually no alternate weapon options within each box of models.
I wasn't expecting Mordheim, but I was hoping for something to make my guys look more individual, and give me some modelling options

Last edited:

OMAC 247

Tired of your nonsense
Validated User
Sorry if the comment about wailing and teeth gnashing came across as snarky, one of my best gaming buddies is still locked into 7th edition WFB, and after having worked for GW for as long as we both did I do absolutely understand why people were upset.
However, after being involved with the Studio production and Design release schedules for as long as I was I genuinely know how difficult it was to keep WFB going. Looking at it now I think the reboot was a really clever move and I'm amazed they didn't do it sooner.
I think lots of stuff was poorly handled around the AoS launch, and much of the fluff seems a bit wonky, but I do think most of the miniature designs are solid- and this from a guy with a Stormcast Army !!!

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
To be honest, if AoS had been sold as a different line instead of as a continuation/reboot of Fantasy, I wouldn't have been so against it. As it stands, while I think some of the miniatures are great, and some of the new concepts are cool, I just can't get into it. The fact that they were happy to flat-out break the scale with most of the new miniatures they initially put out (see the new Archaon, for example) was the final nail on the coffin for me.

Top Bottom