OOC [Demon:The Descent] MI666: The Man With the Golden God!

smilingbandit2

The man of the future! The Machine-Man!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Trust me - if I had to hindsight to know what I do know, I would have refined him and made him even more dangerous. Probably used stuff to give him the Terrible Form merit, etc.
And you'd be right to do it. But it does make it tough to balance a fight. :)

In the other game I'm running I just unilaterally declared "the best you can be in a fight is mediocre." Best gaming decision I've made in years. So freeing for everyone.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
I think I completely misbuilt Word... she has powers that do the same thing as each other and powers that are too indiscriminate to use (friggin' Voice of the Angel seems useful but it's impossible not to hurt my allies exactly as bad as everyone else).

Also, she's definitely not built for an all out brawl.

smilingbandit2

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think I completely misbuilt Word... she has powers that do the same thing as each other and powers that are too indiscriminate to use (friggin' Voice of the Angel seems useful but it's impossible not to hurt my allies exactly as bad as everyone else).

Also, she's definitely not built for an all out brawl.
Well, now's as good a time as any to discuss this.
I think that I have made it clear this is the finale of this adventure. Do you guys wish to continue with this campaign at the end of it?

Players will be allowed to adjust and improve their characters as they see fit. We will decide together how much experience all the characters should receive. we can also agree on some sort of common power level to make combat less erratic.

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm willing to keep going. I loved the idea of the game, but was unsure how to build a character around that premise and feel like I made a pretty jank demon as a result. Now that I've seen how missions will actually play out I feel I could make a MUCH more competent version of Heart. So I am more than willing to go on more Demon Spy Adventures, as long as I can rebuild Heart.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
I'd be willing to give it a shot, likewise if I can make tweaks for Mr. Wolf. Partly for mechanical inefficiencies, partly because my understanding was more informed by an anti-God Machine focus rather than dealing with the broader supernatural underworld.

smilingbandit2

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd be willing to give it a shot, likewise if I can make tweaks for Mr. Wolf. Partly for mechanical inefficiencies, partly because my understanding was more informed by an anti-God Machine focus rather than dealing with the broader supernatural underworld.
I'm not saying it's gonna be like this every time, but a broader focus isn't a bad idea. We'll figure it out; there'll likely be a pause between missions of a week or two; time to clear my head and regroup.

Top Bottom