• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Demon: the Descent] Need help with city-chronicle ideas (Infrastructure/Agencies/etc.)

Patkin

ougikawa
Validated User
I'm thinking of preparing some settings for Descent, and could use some help in coming up with Infrastructure and so forth, since I haven't quite gotten a grasp of it all yet.

The first idea is basically a historical setting, WW2-era Paris. Basically the idea is the Unchained as resistance fighters of or collaborators with the God-Machine, under the disguise of the rest of France's struggle with the Axis powers. But I could use some Infrastructure to destroy or subvert, or story ideas that I could present to players.

The second idea is modern-day Tokyo, with the rudimentary ideas being that Tokyo is a lot like Seattle as one of those key interface points with the God-Machine. The Deva corporation is just one head of the various keiretsus the G-M cults are a part of in the heart of Japan, and equally something winds up pushing more and more angels to Fall there. I don't want to do the alternative timeline thing there as well, but I would like something big and weird going down there for Unchained PCs to get involved with.

Any ideas are welcome for either concept. Again, Infrastructure or Agencies are the most important thing, but if you've got a story hook burning in the back of your head, feel free to let loose.

leetsepeak

Validated User
Well, I think it's prudent to ask yourself this question first: What's the High Weirdness of these particular settings? Seattle has the timeline splinters. What should Paris then offer? Maybe natural cenotes leading into the Underworld beneath it? Entrances to some other dimension? Unusually high instances of gifted humans that aren't Stigmatics? Cryptids that somehow create their own unnatural infrastructure? Something that causes an unusually high amount of Angels in the area to become Exiles?

That sort of greater mystery should help inform the G-M and a lot of the infrastructure you could find there. Agencies looking to exploit it, too.

Patkin

ougikawa
Validated User
I don't really have any good ideas on that front.

Something I'm playing with is saying that there's, like, a second Paris overlapping the original one, but operating on a light frequency that the majority of humanity (and supernaturals) can't perceive. Occasionally people (stigmatics, mostly) will see it, and it'll be like seeing double or a heat mirage of "buildings" that shouldn't be there. The Unchained call it the "City of Light".

For Tokyo, I don't know. The important detail of it for me was the fact that outside the Deva Corporation, there's at least a half-dozen keiretsu that do the bidding of the God-Machine, and that puts a lot of Infrastructure in the Tokyo metropolitan area in a wide range of shapes and sizes.

Top Bottom