• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Destiny 2 - Cayde promised us loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Sadly, I'm probably not going to come back until the Taken King type expansion. I'm sorry guys, I'm just pooped out/lost interest in the game right now, some of the changes to PvP also just irk me a bit. :(
No worries, sounds like that is the one to expect the bulk of the improvement in in either case (at least according to the various web-personalities invited to the summit) so hopefully the ongoing feedback produces the kind of game you'll want to come back to in September. Until then, we'll all miss you and Rachel!

James Weatherby

Dour Little Bird
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So.

It's bad.

Like makes Curse of Osiris look great by comparison bad. It's incredibly short. There's no buildup whatsoever for the setpiece battles, and those aren't that interesting to begin with. I can't even say the art design was great.

So disappointed.

edit: I should be clear that I'm just talking about the main story in the expansion. Haven't played Escalation Protocol yet, or done the Mars Adventure missions.

Last edited:

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
I was planning on testing other weapons, really... but Graviton Lance wouldn't let me switch to another gun. It told me I needed to keep the purple explosions flowing. o_o

But seriously, that thing is a joy to fire. The fire delay is so short that the two shots may as well be simultaneous which makes it handle like a weird scout rather than a pulse.

Tomorrow I'll see if I can put it down for a bit, but the thing should come with warnings about its addictive nature.

Also, I got the Skyline ghost shell, so now I never need to worry about bad rolls on good looking sparrows ever again! Hurray!

Thalaric

Eye of the Storm
Validated User
So, I never actually tried the Graviton Lance last night. The Prometheus Lens and it's infinite ammo was just a joy to use as well. All lazors, all the time, forever!

Future Villain Band

Super Moderator
Validated User
Overall, I like the new campaign much better than CoO. The solo element is shorter, but so much of CoO was walking through long triangular tunnels and boring and samey grinding to get to the actual mission. This one is shorter, but it feels like all of the missions are better designed, and the showcase missions are pretty well-done. Also, the end-game stuff is actually fun right now. I don't know if it'll last until fall, but maybe until the end of May?

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
The frozen Hive are probably the funniest Marge with a Chanel dress moment for the game so far.

-Naxuul

bv728

Was he a violent man?
Validated User
The writing and pacing is okay for maybe the first third, then terrible, but the actual encounters are mostly decent to very good IMHO.

The adventures are actually decent so far.

Steamed Bun Love

Here for the pork buns
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Overall, I like the new campaign much better than CoO. The solo element is shorter, but so much of CoO was walking through long triangular tunnels and boring and samey grinding to get to the actual mission. This one is shorter, but it feels like all of the missions are better designed, and the showcase missions are pretty well-done. Also, the end-game stuff is actually fun right now. I don't know if it'll last until fall, but maybe until the end of May?
Agreed. The two big bosses were good setpieces and I think they'll make fun strikes (haven't had time to run them yet). I really enjoyed all the new environments.

Escalation Protocol will take time. Me and seven other randoms couldn't beat the fist level together.

Lots of endgame stuff to do with Season 3. Strikewise, Cruciblewise, Mars. I think there are hidden exotic quests too.

Really like the adventures so far.

Last edited:

twist_nack

is watching
Validated User
I kind of liked the new stuff, but I guess that could be me just enjoying coming back to the game after a long absence.

I also got the base game on PC, since it's the early unlock on next month's humble monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom