• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Destiny 2 - Cayde promised us loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hi, it's me again. :)
I'm wondering about exotic quest rewards. Yesterday I got the first one, choice of three, and I didn't think too much about which to pick because they were all ten levels below mine. Then I've found out that a) they could grow and b) they get sorted into my vault collection and could be recreated later if need be. That changes the situation somewhat.
Less grow and more you can use sacrificew any other weapon to bring a legendary or exotic to that weapon's level.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I went back to dawnblade/sky, and between Eye of Another World and Heat Rises, I keep recharging my grenades incredibly fast as long as I'm willing to jump a lot. Is this path really balanced with the others?

As also-a-noob with friends who have been coaching me: it seems that the quest rewards specials generally break down as 2 good choices and 1 clearly-less-good. As you already noted even if you pick "wrong" you can fix it in time regardless.

Funnily enough, I also picked the helmet as my quest reward, and then got the cool robes later out of an exotic engram (which I guess was also essentially a quest reward). Sadly you can only have 1 exotic each of weapons and armor so I went back to the helmet after having some fun with the wings.
I'm not sure I'm able to tell which is the "clearly" less good one. :) Possibly the robes which only let you hang in the sky; the others let you use powers more often.

Less grow and more you can use sacrificew any other weapon to bring a legendary or exotic to that weapon's level.
It's equipment cannibalism, that's what it is; helmets lusting after the flesh of other helmets, growing stronger as they consume their brethren...

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
The environments in this game are so well done! First a short trip to the Arcology, then Nessus... The crash site of Exodus in particular - ruins everywhere the eye can see, and the super weird Vex terrain around it...

Also, Cayde is fantastic.
EDIT: And so is Failsafe.

Last edited:

Grantanz

Validated User
I am level 6/59 after the first mission on Titan. I've read things that suggest I should stay on Earth and do other missions after Titan opens up - is that just to pick up more experience/gear? And if so, what should I be looking out for?

Edit: I may have been running a sniper rifle (because it had the highest power) exclusively for the last mission, even in close quarters. Possibly this is suboptimal.

Last edited:

bv728

Was he a violent man?
Validated User
I am level 6/59 after the first mission on Titan. I've read things that suggest I should stay on Earth and do other missions after Titan opens up - is that just to pick up more experience/gear? And if so, what should I be looking out for?

Edit: I may have been running a sniper rifle (because it had the highest power) exclusively for the last mission, even in close quarters. Possibly this is suboptimal.
It doesn't matter much, but the Adventures and such you have on Earth fill in some plot and give gear and xp.

Individual weapons power levels matter very little - overall power is 99% of your output, so use all three weapons freely even if one is much higher light.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
It's wild that people found all 45 worldline zero markers within days and not months. I always underestimate the internet hivemind on these things.

The environments in this game are so well done! First a short trip to the Arcology, then Nessus... The crash site of Exodus in particular - ruins everywhere the eye can see, and the super weird Vex terrain around it...

Also, Cayde is fantastic.
EDIT: And so is Failsafe.
Failsafe is a joy.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Holy crap, tonight was not my night for Heroics. Kept on getting groups that panicked and fell apart at the last second. Ended up running over eight strikes tonight, but only sealed the deal on four (and spent 45+ minutes in at least one of them before everyone quit). Apparently void singe+glass makes for a lot of hard strikes. Still loving the difficulty, but the high number of low light guardians who don't know/remember how to play hard content cautiously definitely spikes the difficulty up a bit.

Also, I feel like there is something wrong with shields in some of the content right now. Tried soloing the Acrius strike today, I'm 50 levels above it these days and I've done solo NF stuff in D1 before, so I figured how hard could it be? But it felt like every shield had Match Game in place. Fallen Captains took two full mags from a 450RPM auto to break (by which point they retreated in to cover). Ended up giving up after I was forced to use basically every resource to kill an orange bar fallen captain in the double tank room and then got incautious and took a tank shell to the face while peppering it and waiting for my super to come back. I seem to remember hearing about some shield funkiness over on reddit, but I think it was specifically about Calus, but I know some other folks were noticing something similar in NF-level content. Because if that's not a bug right there, that's bloody insane (might try it again with Hard Light though).

On the plus side, the D.A.R.C.I. catalyst dropped for me while I was grinding, so I'll be relaxing and popping heads tomorrow to try and get over my bad strike luck today. :D

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
My warlock has made level 20 and unlocked all three subclasses. That was rather quick - I still haven't seen all the game locations.
Now I keep dropping engrams and can pick more from NPCs in zones. Should I be opening those right away, or is there any reason to hoard them for later?

ReallyBored

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I went back to dawnblade/sky, and between Eye of Another World and Heat Rises, I keep recharging my grenades incredibly fast as long as I'm willing to jump a lot. Is this path really balanced with the others?
Unless something has changed with a recent patch, dawnblade is generally regarded as the weakest spec for warlocks. Voidlocks (with a specific exotic hat) get effectively permanent grenades + devour heals and vortex nova is probably the best single target damage super. Stormcaller gets arc soul + the best trash clear super.
edit to add:
Holy crap, tonight was not my night for Heroics. Kept on getting groups that panicked and fell apart at the last second. Ended up running over eight strikes tonight, but only sealed the deal on four (and spent 45+ minutes in at least one of them before everyone quit). Apparently void singe+glass makes for a lot of hard strikes. Still loving the difficulty, but the high number of low light guardians who don't know/remember how to play hard content cautiously definitely spikes the difficulty up a bit.

Also, I feel like there is something wrong with shields in some of the content right now. Tried soloing the Acrius strike today, I'm 50 levels above it these days and I've done solo NF stuff in D1 before, so I figured how hard could it be? But it felt like every shield had Match Game in place. Fallen Captains took two full mags from a 450RPM auto to break (by which point they retreated in to cover). Ended up giving up after I was forced to use basically every resource to kill an orange bar fallen captain in the double tank room and then got incautious and took a tank shell to the face while peppering it and waiting for my super to come back. I seem to remember hearing about some shield funkiness over on reddit, but I think it was specifically about Calus, but I know some other folks were noticing something similar in NF-level content. Because if that's not a bug right there, that's bloody insane (might try it again with Hard Light though).

On the plus side, the D.A.R.C.I. catalyst dropped for me while I was grinding, so I'll be relaxing and popping heads tomorrow to try and get over my bad strike luck today. :D
Umm, isn't the acrius strike guaranteed prism?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom