• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Destiny 2 Year 2 - I'm comin' home, Ace.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Alright, got my first proper good roll since the game dropped. An Arsenic Bite with Archer's Tempo and Rampage. I love this thing. It is like someone made a version of Merciless that fire arrows. And if I don't feel like Archer's Tempo the other option is Explosive Head, so I'm covered either way.

Democritus

One Roll Monkey
Validated User
What does archer's tempo do?

Edit: nevermind, I googled it - seems like a sweet perk.

Last edited:

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
I found a Hazard of the Cast auto with Triple Tap (and Outlaw). Not amazing, but I'm curious - have we seen autos with triple tap before? I feel like we haven't, but I might just be blind.

Also, I want under pressure+Outlaw.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Conundrum: I really like my Sunshot, exotic hand cannon, but it's pretty danged low power (I've had it for a while now). I know illumination is supposed to solve this problem (by letting me level up my goodies), but...I've also heard illumination is a waste of resources until you're pretty up there in power and stuff.

At what point should you consider biting the bullet and powering up your goodies?

Democritus

One Roll Monkey
Validated User
Remember, you can pull a copy of your favs out of your collection. That gets them up in Power without costing you lots of planetary materials (or worse, Masterwork Cores). Also if you have a MW exotic with a kill counter you don't want to miss out on, you can use that new copy to infuse into your kill-counter version for cheap (that's only a handful of glimmer)

It's what I've been doing with the exotics I missed...

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Remember, you can pull a copy of your favs out of your collection. That gets them up in Power without costing you lots of planetary materials (or worse, Masterwork Cores). Also if you have a MW exotic with a kill counter you don't want to miss out on, you can use that new copy to infuse into your kill-counter version for cheap (that's only a handful of glimmer)

It's what I've been doing with the exotics I missed...
How exactly does that work? I remember someone mentioned it somewhere else, but...does it cost anything? Do you have to vault it then get it later, or...?

Democritus

One Roll Monkey
Validated User
Just go to your menu, go to collections, find the appropriate item and - if it's not a randomly-rolled item, which exotic weapons are not - then you can simply pull it out (pressing X on PS4 I think) for some resources...

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
What does archer's tempo do?

Edit: nevermind, I googled it - seems like a sweet perk.
Yeah, combined with Rampage it is can basically ramp up to one-shotting most mobs pretty quickly and never has to worry about a slow reload killing its momentum. So long as there are mobs around to pop it continues doing high damage and if you're nailing head shots it fires faster and faster (which makes it pretty great against tougher orange and yellowbars). It kind of reminds me of my beloved CHAOS DOGMA~, not so much in the exact mechanics of it, but in terms of just continually dumping out damage without slowing down (though in this chaos my Arsenic Bite ramps up instead of merely letting me fire basically forever). This is going to be one of those hard to put down guns.

I found a Hazard of the Cast auto with Triple Tap (and Outlaw). Not amazing, but I'm curious - have we seen autos with triple tap before? I feel like we haven't, but I might just be blind.

Also, I want under pressure+Outlaw.
I think you may be right, I don't recall any of them having that perk before now. Triple Tap was basically a Scout Rifle and Sniper Rifle thing in D1 and I can't recall many other weapons that could get it (maybe HCs).

Vrylakos

All right, all right, all right...
Validated User
So, 518 light with some trash perks and bad stats. I'm generally rolling around with a lower Light Sturm and Drang which I am masterworking - thankfully it looks to be a relatively quick process as opposed to others. After that's done, it's Gambit murder time.

A shame I'm locked on Sturm and Drang for now, as I got some interesting guns from the cats in the Dreaming City, and I also like the Ether Farmer or Ether Doctor auto rifle.

Did a few Tier 2 Blind Wells last night with S&D - I guess I need to farm that bastard a lot for those extra subclasses.

Top Bottom