• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Destiny 2 Year 2 - I'm comin' home, Ace.

Vrylakos

All right, all right, all right...
Validated User
Also, on the subject of perks:

Got a scout rifle with Hipfire Grip and Outlaw. Did that used to happen? Hipfire seems bizarre on a scout rifle.

Doleco

phalanges mortis
Validated User
Also, on the subject of perks:

Got a scout rifle with Hipfire Grip and Outlaw. Did that used to happen? Hipfire seems bizarre on a scout rifle.
I got a sniper rifle with Hipfire Grip and Box Breathing.

I suppose it's got versatility going for it?

Vrylakos

Validated User
Actually, now you mention it, I think it was a sniper rifle as well. Well, back to the grind for the perfect sniper I guess.

Any tips on the Gambit Ace of Spades quest step? I'm looking to do it after the S&D get masterworked. My aim with that gun seems sort of terrible, however.

Also, jeezy creezy, I am sick of getting killed in record time by Ace of Spades in Crucible like I am sick of Thorn.... until I got Thorn.

Mock

Force 5 Wrongnado
Validated User
I'm not chuffed that the next subclasses are stuck behind Blind Well (I just don't like the "do a specific activity for it" aspect--no, to be honest, I don't like the "do that specific activity," because the horde-modes are not my thing), but I guess I'm just gonna have to commit.

Got my first exotic in Forsaken. Mk. 44 Stand Asides. You can imagine my excitement (although it did give me 1 point of light, up to 509 now).

Last edited:

Vrylakos

Validated User
Oh, my second exotic was last night: Starfire Protocol.

Cool, since it kicked up my light, and was handy in those grenadier strikes, but I don't see me using it nonstop...

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
Alright, got my first proper good roll since the game dropped. An Arsenic Bite with Archer's Tempo and Rampage. I love this thing. It is like someone made a version of Merciless that fire arrows. And if I don't feel like Archer's Tempo the other option is Explosive Head, so I'm covered either way.
I read this post, felt some gun envy and got home for an identical drop. My first arsenic ever too. Maybe that was super lucky, or maybe the bow trait list is shorter/has fewer duds?

The masterwork trait is reload, which feels like a non-issue, but perhaps will be more apparent with a side to side comparison.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
I accidentally wandered into a blind well group being setup and volunteered as anchor. They did tier 3 and I got my new subclass. I have no idea what the Well mechanics were, but my light level was too low to do damage from round 3 anyway.

I spent my time booping and ressing.

Actually, now you mention it, I think it was a sniper rifle as well. Well, back to the grind for the perfect sniper I guess.

Any tips on the Gambit Ace of Spades quest step? I'm looking to do it after the S&D get masterworked. My aim with that gun seems sort of terrible, however.

Also, jeezy creezy, I am sick of getting killed in record time by Ace of Spades in Crucible like I am sick of Thorn.... until I got Thorn.
Try invading a bit to get the feel for where you spawn, and how strong the overshield is. Otherwise I'd be selfish and focus on getting the kills rather than invading yourself.

If the first invader comes through as they get their portal up, they're unlikely to have super, so you can challenge them with confidence.

Since you'll be using sidearm a lot, try to have subclass or other gear that gives survivability. You want to be ready to disengage from lobs and focus the invader. Devour+ Karnstein's were great because you can turn weak mobs into heals.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just go to your menu, go to collections, find the appropriate item and - if it's not a randomly-rolled item, which exotic weapons are not - then you can simply pull it out (pressing X on PS4 I think) for some resources...
Oh dang.

That's...a big help. I had my trusty hand cannon and an autorifle-reloading breastplate, both languishing like 150+ power behind the rest of my gear. Being able to drag 'em up to spec a little bit like that? Very nice. Very, very, nice.

Thanks!

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
Oh, my second exotic was last night: Starfire Protocol.

Cool, since it kicked up my light, and was handy in those grenadier strikes, but I don't see me using it nonstop...
You might have realized this, but since the wording is a little unclear you'll want to use Empowering Rift with the fusions. Any damage you do while un the rift gives 20% grenade cool down neck (with a short internal cool down).

Fedifensor

Validated User
I’m holding off on buying Forsaken, and just realized I haven’t logged in for a week. If I don’t have Forsaken, am I missing anything?

Top Bottom