Destiny 2 Year 2 - I'm comin' home, Ace.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I'm willing to bet my co-op friend has no idea what "a xur" even is, despite playing the game for a month already. I've had to tell them they can right-click some equip to switch traits around; by the time they got their first weapon that worked like that, they've thoroughly internalized that there's nothing much of interest on the detail screen, and just didn't go there... And I don't think the game would ever tell them that, so they'd have to find out by accident...
Yep, didn't know anything about Xur.
Also happened today - they were very surprised they can't equip a second exotic armour because the game didn't tell them until they actually tried.
And when people kept finishing events before we could trigger the heroic version and I grumbled about it, they gently reminded me that how (or even why) you should do heroic events is yet another "secret" of the game.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
After doing some Gambit stuff (and seeing the Meatball in every single normal Gambit match... and losing the round every time) I finally dropped in the the Reckoning. Holy shit, that environment design and soundtrack is great (sounds like it is using some motifs right out of the Whisper music, so I guess Darkness/Taken stuff is synth now). I'm really glad they brought Nine-related stuff in to a non-PvP focused aspect of the game, because that is way to awesome of an environment to just leave as a simple PvP map that is only in an ultra-sweaty PvP mode.

I've also really been appreciating all the balancing changes to Gambit, but breaking my hard-won Gambit habits is proving difficult and I am still getting a feel for what a decent loadout is like now that Thunderlord and my IKELOS are no longer catch-all ass-kickers in every single instance (T-lord is still great for dealing with Invaders, but lacks power against tougher Gambit foes and bosses, the IKELOS still shreds Majors and can load a ton of ammo now, but the blockers are a lot more dangerous up close... especially that fucking Captain).

Either way, I like vanilla Gambit a lot more now (that last-round boss rush, the blocker changes, and the UI improvements are all great), though Prime is still definitely more fun in general (again, it reminds me of how Prison of Elders was in the April update; the base version was fine, but Challenge front-loaded all the good shit and focused it in to a more fun activity to play over and over again).

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I'm a little confused - weren't public events good sources of loot? It seems to me all they're dropping now, loot-wise, is blues, not even purples... Or do I remember it wrong?

camk4evr

Validated User
I've always found public events to be hit or miss. They tend to be better in the flash point or if you have a bounty but generally I usually get more blues than purples from them.

On season for the drifter: so far I enjoy Gambit prime but i'm fairly indifferent to reckoning.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Does Zavala always have one non-strike bounty, or is that random?

When we're not playing strikes or raids, just running around maps doing quests and events and stuff, are there any other bounties of interest apart from Zavala and whoever the local NPC is?

I've always found public events to be hit or miss. They tend to be better in the flash point or if you have a bounty but generally I usually get more blues than purples from them.
Hit and miss, I'd be fine with; but since coming back, they seem to be exclusively miss, normal or heroic both.

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
When we're not playing strikes or raids, just running around maps doing quests and events and stuff, are there any other bounties of interest apart from Zavala and whoever the local NPC is?
Drifter now has 4 open world bounties per day. And it turns out they still give you Gambit ranking. I suppose cheating the system he created is in character for Drifter.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Hit and miss, I'd be fine with; but since coming back, they seem to be exclusively miss, normal or heroic both.
And right after I write this, the next event drops a purple. (-;

Drifter now has 4 open world bounties per day. And it turns out they still give you Gambit ranking. I suppose cheating the system he created is in character for Drifter.
Oh, the Drifter. I thought he's be all about PvPvE, which I'm not, and didn't even check him out. Thanks.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Checked him out; he offers four bounties which are Gambit, a weekly which seems to work anywhere, and four power surge bounties which seem to be about power level. I don't see no four open world bounties. Maybe it's an annual pass thing?

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
Could be, the open world bounties give gear tokens for the Gambit Prime mode, and if that mode's not available outside the annual pass that would explain it.

I sure hope that mode isn't restricted to annual pass players, considering how good it is.

Top Bottom