Destiny 2 Year 2 - I'm comin' home, Ace.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Tonight, we though "what didn't we do yet?" and then settled on strikes. Did a couple with the daily mods ("Glass" is harsh!), and then picked a third one because I wanted to go to the EDZ. :)
It was a lot of fun! The harder difficulty really suits this game.
And I've finally seen a positive effects of bounties - because of the choice of Zavala's bounties, I completely changed my loadout and realized I've been really missing out when I didn't use rocket launchers or shotguns.

(We both found it really hard to get enough grenade kills, though; after the three strikes we were both around 15 out of the 35 kills required. I wonder if it really is that hard or if we just didn't pick the right loadouts or just couldn't pick our spots well enough.)

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Tonight, we did more strikes with the daily modifiers, but quickly found out the game doesn't care about continuity at all, and will send us into strikes on places we've never been to before, with dialogue spoiling "past" events that neither of us played through.

We've agreed to put strikes aside, or at least don't do the random roulette, and instead focus on getting through all the story first.

Stephen

Validated User
(We both found it really hard to get enough grenade kills, though; after the three strikes we were both around 15 out of the 35 kills required. I wonder if it really is that hard or if we just didn't pick the right loadouts or just couldn't pick our spots well enough.)
I seem to have two strategies with grenades. My titan uses a fusion grenade (I think this is the name) to soften big targets like knights or ogres. My warlock uses arcbolt grenades and chucks them into large groups of weak targets such as thralls. The second method is obviously more efficient for kill bounties.

I agree with your other point: swapping loadout or strategy for a bounty or objective can be a great way to discover something fun that you had been ignoring.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I seem to have two strategies with grenades. My titan uses a fusion grenade (I think this is the name) to soften big targets like knights or ogres. My warlock uses arcbolt grenades and chucks them into large groups of weak targets such as thralls. The second method is obviously more efficient for kill bounties.
Currently I play as a titan, and fusion grenade is great. But I like using grenades as utility, so I was mostly using flashbang or suppressor, and neither are that great for getting mass kills; but next time I get that challenge, I'm gonna switch over to double grenade striker or the sentinel who recharges grenade on grenade kills, and see where it takes me.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
Regarding the UI and intuitive design - my friend just learned that the glowy squares mean "powerful gear here". I just learned that you can view your entire set by right clicking a shader. We've both played since release x)

Does anyone know if the allegiance quest is time-limited? I want to see the Drifter side, but I also want to reach Fabled in competitive. Of course, I haven't finished the Vanguard side...

Also working on Thorn. And an Invader set.

Too much content? I'm sure it will fade soon enough, but currently I am very pleased with my annual pass purchase.

CarrotandStick

Validated User
So I got back into Destiny 2 after hearing about the Permanent Choice thing. Looking for a friendly, casual-friendly Australian timezone clan!

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Tonight we kept going with the Osiris campaign. Much ooh and aah-ing was made at the scenery. This game's beauty is striking even when you already know it's striking.

Wharrgarble

Communist for Christ
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Regarding the UI and intuitive design - my friend just learned that the glowy squares mean "powerful gear here". I just learned that you can view your entire set by right clicking a shader. We've both played since release x)

Does anyone know if the allegiance quest is time-limited? I want to see the Drifter side, but I also want to reach Fabled in competitive. Of course, I haven't finished the Vanguard side...

Also working on Thorn. And an Invader set.

Too much content? I'm sure it will fade soon enough, but currently I am very pleased with my annual pass purchase.
Allegiance is permanent, I think. What's AFAIK time limited are the Invitations of the Nine, available from Xur. Grab the quest for 9 shards.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
We went and did the Warmind campaign, and, well - Mars looks fantastic, but otherwise, it was fairly disappointing. It was so short it ended just when I though it really got going, conceptually it was fairly pedestrian compared to the craziness of the Osiris campaign, post-campaign content looks really grindy - Escalation Protocol is a series of public event one after another, the two strikes look like repeats of story missions, and Override Frequencies seems to require several events to put together just one, and there's tons of the caches around...

Wharrgarble

Communist for Christ
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We went and did the Warmind campaign, and, well - Mars looks fantastic, but otherwise, it was fairly disappointing. It was so short it ended just when I though it really got going, conceptually it was fairly pedestrian compared to the craziness of the Osiris campaign, post-campaign content looks really grindy - Escalation Protocol is a series of public event one after another, the two strikes look like repeats of story missions, and Override Frequencies seems to require several events to put together just one, and there's tons of the caches around...
Be aware that Warmind doesn't end with the campaign; you need to do some adventures to unlock the Override Frequencies. The best way to get those is through short patrols.

Also, you're about to start Forsaken. Forsaken is... much better. Much, much better.

Top Bottom