• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Destiny 2 Year 2 - I'm comin' home, Ace.

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
So question for people who know, is there a point in bothering with the Summer Solstice if I can't max the gear out all the way?

Cause I've looked at the final challenges and some of them are simply beyond me.

Stephen

Validated User
There is no real point in masterworking it all if that is the final step you mean (I think there is a triumph for masterworking at least one piece). Getting the set to legendary/purple level will earn you a duplicate set with all the 2.0 armour slots when Shadowkeep goes live. That seems to be the big selling point for the grind. But since we can expect all new armour drops post Shadowkeep to come with 2.0 armour slots that would seem to be a short lived advantage.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
There is no real point in masterworking it all if that is the final step you mean (I think there is a triumph for masterworking at least one piece). Getting the set to legendary/purple level will earn you a duplicate set with all the 2.0 armour slots when Shadowkeep goes live. That seems to be the big selling point for the grind. But since we can expect all new armour drops post Shadowkeep to come with 2.0 armour slots that would seem to be a short lived advantage.
So question for people who know, is there a point in bothering with the Summer Solstice if I can't max the gear out all the way?

Cause I've looked at the final challenges and some of them are simply beyond me.
Getting one set to purple, not masterworked, and then masterworking one piece, will get you what is for many people the last requirement of the new MMXIX title. For many players, the reset crucible Valor step is retroactively already done.

So nothing big.

As for the final steps, You can finish the masterwork after the event, but there's no reason to do that beyond having it masterworked in itself.

Wharrgarble

Comunista para Cristo
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also, Rachel, if you're on PC, we've got a healthy number of people in the NA region in the clan. I've sherpaed a couple of runs of Shattered Throne, and the 200k Nightfall is pretty attainable, so don't be afraid to let us know and log in on the NA server if you do want to masterwork it after all. Or just plain run any of that stuff.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Also, Rachel, if you're on PC, we've got a healthy number of people in the NA region in the clan. I've sherpaed a couple of runs of Shattered Throne, and the 200k Nightfall is pretty attainable, so don't be afraid to let us know and log in on the NA server if you do want to masterwork it after all. Or just plain run any of that stuff.
Could I join the clan? Mine has only two others in NA and only one plays at all anymore. I'd like to get more content done.

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Thank you, I'm on PS4 though, but thanks anyway!. And yeah it's Shattered Throne and the NIghtfall that scare me the most. :p

Oh my god the grind for the second step!! I have to do this twice too!!

I want No Land Beyond back. Just because.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Trucking along through content I've missed. Think I've finally finished up all the planetary quest lines and attempting the silliness that is getting the reward weapons (Drang, I'm looking at you. I haven't seen an Exotic Engram drop in the two years I've been playing between PS4 and PC).

Doleco

phalanges mortis
Validated User
Trucking along through content I've missed. Think I've finally finished up all the planetary quest lines and attempting the silliness that is getting the reward weapons (Drang, I'm looking at you. I haven't seen an Exotic Engram drop in the two years I've been playing between PS4 and PC).
We're Bnet friends and I see you online all the time. Don't be a stranger if you need a shooter. :D

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
I've gotten the purple armor on my main, so I have the Shattered Throne objective along with a rare bounty for the Shattered Throne that I need to do this week, which I suppose is convenient, at least...

I'm glad to see they extended the deadline for the time-limited title, since I'd really like to complete the raid objectives with an RPGnet group. So far, every mode I've been taught by the clan has turned out to be way easier than I expected, and I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues with raids. Cuz I do want to see more of the raids than the free raid chest we grab every week on PC.

Top Bottom