• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Destiny 2 Year 2 - I'm comin' home, Ace.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
So can confirm that it's account wide!

Also bizarrely my Hunter has two clan strike completions registered even though I did that on my Warlock, so maybe I'll only have to do the horrible horrible Nightfall and Shattered Throne things once.
Ooh, that could be nice, I haven't done any of the Masterworks on my Warlock yet and will have my Hunter and Titan done by the end of the week, so they will hopefully all upgrade at once.

Other than that, I'm trying to do quest clean-up, which becomes more and more frustrating as it becomes clearer that even PVE focused weapons are locked behind doing well in PVP. And after playing Crucible all day, I have one hell of a rant worked up for Bungie on how they managed to screw up PVP in a shooter when that's all they've been doing for..... 15ish years?

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
Ooh, that could be nice, I haven't done any of the Masterworks on my Warlock yet and will have my Hunter and Titan done by the end of the week, so they will hopefully all upgrade at once.

Other than that, I'm trying to do quest clean-up, which becomes more and more frustrating as it becomes clearer that even PVE focused weapons are locked behind doing well in PVP. And after playing Crucible all day, I have one hell of a rant worked up for Bungie on how they managed to screw up PVP in a shooter when that's all they've been doing for..... 15ish years?
From the last developer blog, it sounds like they're going to do some significant changes to PvP matchmaking, though that might not be what you're focused on?

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Crucible is pretty hideous at the moment yeah. I dunno if there's a load of pre-teams roaming around, but I and my team of randoms gets spawn camped non-stop these days.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
From the last developer blog, it sounds like they're going to do some significant changes to PvP matchmaking, though that might not be what you're focused on?
A lot of this. In my Hunter matches last night there were many instances of an entire team going hog wild on the opponents and Shaxx calling the match because of blowout. Like, my average match efficiency is 0.2-0.5 and many matches were my squad with similar rates, and an opposing squad with a lowest efficiency of 3. One time the leader had a 27. There shouldn't be that large a skill differential.

Crucible is pretty hideous at the moment yeah. I dunno if there's a load of pre-teams roaming around, but I and my team of randoms gets spawn camped non-stop these days.
Oh yeah, I don't know how many times I spawned into a stream of enemy fire because the game stuck in an ongoing firefight.

Also, I totally don't get the rank thing, in every other game I've played, rank is used to denote relative skill, but Destiny lets you decide to reset. Which is upsetting. I don't want my scrub ass getting geeked contantly by a Legend rank who decided they didn't like playing with people their own size.

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Also, I totally don't get the rank thing, in every other game I've played, rank is used to denote relative skill, but Destiny lets you decide to reset. Which is upsetting. I don't want my scrub ass getting geeked contantly by a Legend rank who decided they didn't like playing with people their own size.
Oh don't worry, they got rid of skill-based match making a while ago, the Valor resets are just there for quest grinding things.

I liked skill based match making, but ironically it was the elites who complained about it the most, guess they didn't like having to work for their victories now.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
When First Light drops there should be an influx of fresh players, so it would be easier to find a lobby of folks who aren't stone cold terminators. If they want normal people to show up in crucible more than once, they need to have a working matchmaker.

In current one, in quick play, matches based on connection quality, then balances the lobby to the best of it's ability. This means I'll get matches where I get turned to paste, and matches where I stomp the puny mortals.

I personally liked that varied experience, much more than Overwatch's knife edge of every fight being a 50,1-49,9 clash.

If I'm in a bad lobby I'll pop on a bow+sidearm or arbalest+empowering rift and play for cool moments, rather than winning. Though I recognize that finding fun in defeats isn't as easy for everyone.

Top Bottom