• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Destiny 2 Year 2 - I'm comin' home, Ace.

Plumy Namesake

Social Justice Commoner
Validated User
I'll warn you then that even while Competitive may be skill based, you have very high chances of running into full fireteams who will nearly always destroy you because teamwork and cooperation are the kings in Destiny pvp.
I'm fairly sure Competitive currently matches you against people based on your team's highest MMR. So if you queue with three friends, you'll want to be sure you're all broadly on thy same level.

It might be confirmation bias, but I felt like I saw this a lot when I got Recluse. At low levels, if my team was four randoms, and the enemy a 4 stack, we would outgun them fairly easily. Again, they're revamping matchmaking anyway, so who knows what the future brings.

They're (re)launching the freelancer queue, where everyone matches solo.

Doleco

phalanges mortis
Validated User
I'm fairly sure Competitive currently matches you against people based on your team's highest MMR. So if you queue with three friends, you'll want to be sure you're all broadly on thy same level.
I can confirm this. When I queue for crucible in a fire-team with my clans resident "john wick" I end up dying a LOT.

Rupert

Validated User
I'll warn you then that even while Competitive may be skill based, you have very high chances of running into full fireteams who will nearly always destroy you because teamwork and cooperation are the kings in Destiny pvp.
Getting wasted by pre-mades is common to many games, and something I've come to expect. As long as it's not all that's happening, I can (usually) deal. If not, rage-quitting is always an option.

Kredoc

Validated User
Moving to Steam is happening. Here's help on getting it started by linking your Steam account.

If anyone using Chrome has issues with the process, try another browser. I kept getting hung up on the transfer agreement in Chrome. Edge worked.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Finishing Hunter today after taking a couple days off to Watch Stranger Things, then will try to get Titan done before the event ends at Reset. Really hating Gambit due to inactive players. Also starting to think I should do the Drang Quest on my Hunter since they got 3 Exotic drops yesterday and my Warlock has never gotten one to drop.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User
Well, finished up my Titan's armour last night (I haven't booted in to my Hunter or Warlock since Warmind... so they will not be getting fancy armour at all). Also noticed I am now only five Gambit games off of Breakneck now, so I guess I'm doing that next (yay, another triumph). May even try for 21% Delerium if there is another double infamy weekend between now and the end of the season. I also really need to finish up that IB quest, even if the armour I get from it will be useless by the time the season ends (unless they make IB stuff universal ornaments, which would be amazing since I love IB armour but never have good rolls for it).

I think I'll leave the Crucible pinnacle stuff to next season so that I can just use the solo queue and have my ass handed to me by singletons instead of teams. Though given that I feel like Mountaintop and Recluse will get adjusted by then, I may not actually bother since I'm sure their days as top PvE weapons is limited. Here's at least hoping Oxygen and Wendigo get a buff to actually be great PvE weapons as well (Loaded Question is already amazing and pasted in to my normal loadout... so all good on that front).

Still not sure which way I'll be going in October. I really want to give PC Destiny a go and finally have a computer that can handle it, but I am torn between which platform to get Shadowkeep on first. Especially since if I start on PC I'll want to grab Forsaken as well. *sigh*

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Iron Banner is here! And I'm doing surprisingly well. I imagine it's all the Crucible I had to do during Solstice.

Also working on Lumina and Thorn questlines and that has me thinking, are there any other hidden quests out there?

Rachel Cartacos

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
I'm astonished by how much fun Iron Banner is this time!

Usually it's full of full stacks stomping everything in their path without restraint or mercy... but this time it's full of more casual players I can actually keep up with! I'm topping the score board now and then! It's great!

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
I'm astonished by how much fun Iron Banner is this time!

Usually it's full of full stacks stomping everything in their path without restraint or mercy... but this time it's full of more casual players I can actually keep up with! I'm topping the score board now and then! It's great!
Right!? My efficiency has risen to around 0.75 a match, which is triple normal. And I have at least one quest (Thorn maybe? Possibly something from Mars because the Ikelos HC kills can give best progress) where getting kills in Iron Banner are extra progress.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Never mind my previous excitement, this evening has seen me only getting matched into games where premades are stomping a team with only 2-3 people on it.

Top Bottom