• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Discussion/Spoilers] 2nd Puella Magi Madoka Magica

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Aaaaaaaaaaaand another one bites the dust. We have passed the Mami Threshold on Suedars' WiW.

Next up: the Sayaka-baka Threshold. (Which is really gonna bite, since Suedars likes Sayaka.) Followed shortly by the Awful Truth and Homerun-chan.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Aaaaaaaaaaaand another one bites the dust. We have passed the Mami Threshold on Suedars' WiW.

Next up: the Sayaka-baka Threshold. (Which is really gonna bite, since Suedars likes Sayaka.) Followed shortly by the Awful Truth and Homerun-chan.
Well after Homerun-chan we only have the Magodka threshold really.

Last edited:

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Also, am I the only one who gets scared that the viewer will drop the series after Episode 3, just about every time someone does a watch-through with commentary?

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also, am I the only one who gets scared that the viewer will drop the series after Episode 3, just about every time someone does a watch-through with commentary?
Nope - you are not alone. That episode is a really disturbing gut punch. It's bad, and it's early enough that you know things are going to get worse. It's so easy to see how the show would lose a viewer there, but I can't think of any of the WiW threads where that's happened.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Yeah. Me either. (Though, I do know one friend who never really picked PMMM back up after that episode. She really liked Mami.) And the reactions are always fittingly heavy at that point. They certainly sound like the reactions of someone who's about to drop the WiW.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
(Though, I do know one friend who never really picked PMMM back up after that episode. She really liked Mami.)
Yeah, half the people I know who've tried to watch the series dropped it after episode 3.

That's, like, the point where you either go, "oh god, that was horrible. I have to see what happens next," or sloooooowly back away from the series without breaking eye contact until you're far enough away to turn and run.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, half the people I know who've tried to watch the series dropped it after episode 3.

That's, like, the point where you either go, "oh god, that was horrible. I have to see what happens next," or sloooooowly back away from the series without breaking eye contact until you're far enough away to turn and run.
I wonder if part of what helps WiWers get past that is us other commenters who, obviously, found the show exciting enough to pay attention to and want to revisit.

Suedars is pretty clever. If nothing else the fact that we're all fairly excited to see a WiW of the series and have an obvious love for it should be hinting to them that things maybe turn out pretty awesomely in the end, despite the bad stuff that's happening "now".

Last edited:

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User

Yeeeeeeeeeeup. And then your soulgem shatters from the despair or something.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to Suedars' guessing. A very insightful viewer, yes. I wonder how quickly the guessing will go from "teleport power" to "time stop" to "time travel".

Arizona

Validated User
That's why I tell everyone to watch the first four episodes before making the decision.

I wonder if part of what helps WiWers get past that is us other commenters who, obviously, found the show exciting enough to pay attention to and want to revisit.
True. You don't get enthusiasm like this for nihilistic burn-the-audience's-hopes-to-cinders crap like Narutaru or Alien Nine. This is more on the level of Evangelion (or, according to my wife, Elfen Lied) -- "This is fucking horrifying, and you really ought to watch it."

Top Bottom