Disney+

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Not sure where to put this, but since it’s one of the flagships of Disney+, I guess here will do: Today’s The Mandalorian presentation at Star Wars Celebration. Has anyone heard if we’re getting a trailer or anything?
Looks like they’re showing a clip of something... to those in actual attendance.

King Snarf

Validated User
(Actually, it occurs to me since they got Fox, they can put up the 90's X-men and Spider-man animated series, those are fun.)
I don't know about the latter, but they've had the rights to the FOX X-Men cartoon for years.

Last edited:

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
From what I've read of it The Mandalorian will be weekly show and not just dropped all at once on Disney+. I'll admit there is a part of me that prefers the weekly style because it allows for episodes to be digested and discussed.

King Snarf

Validated User
Did anyone else look at that original movie title called "Togo", read it as "Torgo", and thought Disney was doing a Manos: The Hands Of Fate prequel?

drrockso20

Validated User
Yeah, they probably added Simpsons to help pad those numbers.

I honestly wonder how much of that 5000 episodes are gonna be Silly Symphonies and other cartoons packaged into bundles (I know Netflix has a few of those).

And of course the various Marvel animated offerings made when Disney was at the Helm; Avengers EMH, Spectacular Spider-man, Hulk agent of SMASH, Avengers Assemble, (Actually, it occurs to me since they got Fox, they can put up the 90's X-men and Spider-man animated series, those are fun.)
I don't know about the latter, but they've had the rights to the FOX X-Men cartoon for years.
they've owned the Fox Marvel series since they bought the original version of Saban back in 2001*

*I've long held the notion that them acquiring the 90's Marvel series was what first got Disney potentially interested in acquiring Marvel, as those shows always did well in reruns on the Disney channels that would air them

King Snarf

Validated User
they've owned the Fox Marvel series since they bought the original version of Saban back in 2001*

*I've long held the notion that them acquiring the 90's Marvel series was what first got Disney potentially interested in acquiring Marvel, as those shows always did well in reruns on the Disney channels that would air them
Goes back even before that. Eisner had wanted to buy Marvel back in the 90s, a fact which the Gargoyles producers used to their advantage, suggesting that their show could be an alternative, which is why Season 2 had aliens and King Arthur and the New Olympians and all sorts of wild shit.

drrockso20

Validated User
Goes back even before that. Eisner had wanted to buy Marvel back in the 90s, a fact which the Gargoyles producers used to their advantage, suggesting that their show could be an alternative, which is why Season 2 had aliens and King Arthur and the New Olympians and all sorts of wild shit.
true, bet that reignited their interest in it though

Gogmagog

Validated User
Perhaps old Disney movies?

Herbie the Love Bug
Cat from Outer Space
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Shaggy DA
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
One about an invisibility potion
Another where one actor had super smarts and helped win quiz tourneys for his school
A football kicking mule
The Jack and the Beanstalk story with Donald,Goofy and Mickey
A series that took place at a park and had a not-yogi keep trying to get food but fail.("Put the trash in the pail, bump-bump")

Chucky

Chupa-thingy
Validated User
That list made me think what I want from the Marvel What If series is what if Captain America met Mis Price.

Top Bottom