• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Disney+

Chucky

Chupa-thingy
Validated User
You know if I wanted a completely useless to me ESPN bundled into my service, I'd just get cable.

Armin

Martian Spamhunter
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You know if I wanted a completely useless to me ESPN bundled into my service, I'd just get cable.
No kidding. I still have cable, and I get so irked by the fact that I have to subsidize all that damn sports programming that I don't want and don't watch. Grrrr. I have no desire to support that on streaming, too.

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User
Honestly, I have potential to use ESPN+ for Rugby and combat sports (MMA & such qualifies as research for me at this juncture) as I olny have bunny ears at home.

And odds are, I'll probably forget I have it.

NickM

Battlemat JUSTICE!
Validated User
Yeah. I did wonder whether all the Stan chatter would amount to anything. It still might , with Stan getting all the fox and Hulu content not on plus.

Of course personally I’m still unconvinced by Disney+ as a service.
I'm keen to see the Mandalorian and it's fairly cheap. I don't get the Stan is dead without Disney thing - they've only had it a while and they've been around for ages. We won't drop Stan as long as they get my wife's favourite show: RuPaul's Drag Race.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
I'm keen to see the Mandalorian and it's fairly cheap. I don't get the Stan is dead without Disney thing - they've only had it a while and they've been around for ages. We won't drop Stan as long as they get my wife's favourite show: RuPaul's Drag Race.
Yeah. They had a one year deal for the Disney content. I guess they will lose folks who jumped on for that Disney stuff and maybe some others with li tied budgets who do want the Disney content. And Stan did just sign a new deal with Paramount/Viacom.

Of course some people think Disney+ is a Netflix killer, which I don’t really agree with.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Any word on sharing accounts? Hoping for the same sort of thing as Netflix.

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
They're making noises about cracking down on that sort of thing.
Yeah. I expect everyone to crack down on that as the market matures.

And cracking down on it would make their pricing easier.

Tricky to do though. You can’t tie an account to an ip given the use of dynamic ips with most isps. MACS maybe. You could stop more than 1 ip accessing them same account at a time. Though this would all cause issues with folks travel and access these accounts. Guess you could encourage higher priced family accounts with it.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As far as I'm aware sharing doesn't violate the ToS, my sister pays extra to have enough devices to share. I was hoping to share my Disney+ with her as a thank you (she'll be really glad to have the sports stuff, so that's nice).

Top Bottom