• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Disney's Descendant's 3

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My nieces are beside themselves about it. Like "one of them has a birthday in 7 days and all she can talk about is Descendants 3 is coming out" excited.

Personally I preferred Disney's Zombies. :)
Zombies was far, FAR better than it had any right being and what got me started on eyeballing some of these "Disney Tween" movies since, obviously, I'm WAY too old for them and I don't have kids, so they're off my radar.

King Snarf

Validated User
Feh! Back in MY day, our Disney Channel Original movies were things like "Back to Hannibal" and "Mother Goose Rock 'n' Rhyme" and we liked it!

Having said that, I enjoyed the first Descendants. The second one was a'ight. Of course, I was watching it and thinking how the whole "Aurodon" system works. "Wait, it's 21st century North America, but there's a king, and AAAHHH I hurt my brain."

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My nieces are beside themselves about it. Like "one of them has a birthday in 7 days and all she can talk about is Descendants 3 is coming out" excited.

Personally I preferred Disney's Zombies. :)
Zombies was far, FAR better than it had any right being and what got me started on eyeballing some of these "Disney Tween" movies since, obviously, I'm WAY too old for them and I don't have kids, so they're off my radar.

Brother Jim

Validated User
I can get the first two on DVD from the libraries near me.
I should maybe rewatch them before watching this.

King Snarf

Validated User
I've mentioned it before, but I always found the basic premise amusing. "We're going to see if the children of the absolute worst villains can be redeemed, so we'll look to the offspring of the Dark Fae, The Sorcerer Queen, The Evil Genie, and... uh... the lady who wanted to make a coat."

King Snarf

Validated User
From puppies!
Cruella's in the same league as the butler from The Aristocats or the yodeling cattle rustler from Home On The Range.

Meanwhile, the Horned King is somewhere on that island, going, "Hello? Raised a literal army of the undead to wage unholy terror on every living thing!"

Last edited:

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've mentioned it before, but I always found the basic premise amusing. "We're going to see if the children of the absolute worst villains can be redeemed, so we'll look to the offspring of the Dark Fae, The Sorcerer Queen, The Evil Genie, and... uh... the lady who wanted to make a coat."
Well yeah. You have to remember that she's the worst of the lot and, argueably, the worst villain in Disney's entire library.

For instance, Maleficent? She's a royal and when the parents of Aurora invited people to their daughter's celebration, they pointedly snubbed the Queen of the Fae while inviting other fairies and pretty much everyone else. It was a deliberate snub, but she gave them a chance when she mentioned that her invitation must have gotten lost. They COULD have said, "Oh, yes, of course. Terribly sorry about that. Please, join us," and, even if it wasn't sincere, she'd have gone forward since honor would have been addressed. Instead, they snubbed her AGAIN, so she turned her intended gift to a darker one. Then she left. It's a bit petty, true, but there's a justification there and the whole mess could have been avoided.

The Evil Queen was jealous of her husband's daughter by his widow and when she surpasses the Queen in beauty and her father is siding more with her than with his wife, well, she snaps. The man she married, the KING, is turning away from his queen to fawn over a daughter who'll just be married off at some point? Instead of ruling the land? Instead of making heirs with HER? Sure, murder's a bit MUCH, but, again, there's a justification there, if an awful one. She herself gets killed by having red hot iron shoes pressed onto her feet, upon which she dances until she dies.

Jafar? He was the advisor to an absolutely terrible ruler in the Sultan, personally having to go around and handle all manner of things that the Sultan wasn't able to do since he was so distracted with frivolous misuse of money and clapping like a child at entertainment instead of, say, outlawing slavery or even dealing with the poverty just outsid ethe palace walls. Jafar maneuvered Aladin to steal a magic lamp for him, with which he could take power, and when that didn't work, moved to marry the Sultan's only child, setting himself up to be the next ruler, where he could finally fix things that the jolly old Sultan never could. Were his methods heavy-handed and, perhaps, vile? Yes, but he had a goal and a justification.

And then there's Cruella.

Who wants to skin, not dogs, but *puppies*, for what? A coat. Just one coat. She has dozens mind you. She's not in search pf power, she's not avenging a slieght to her honor. She's not trying to get rich, powerful, or rule a nation … she just wants to skin some fucking puppies. Because fuck you that's why.

The first three are bad but justified, Cruella's fucking EVIL.

Randall

Validated User
I'd absolutely would agree to Maleficient to babysit my daughter, or the Evil Queen to do a chemistry class or two at school, or Jafar to guide us to tour the city. But Cruela is a big no, never, I'd prefer to have an argument with Thanos about UBI schemes or public healthcare

Top Bottom