• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Disney's Descendant's 3

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
Cruella is just petty, however. There's no mythicness in wanting to kill a ton of puppies (belonging to your niece?) just to make yourself... another coat. Because you're just that vain.
OTOH, it’s an epic level of pettiness. I mean, it’s the kind of thing that Greek gods would look at and go, “whoa, that’s kinda petty”

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OTOH, it’s an epic level of pettiness. I mean, it’s the kind of thing that Greek gods would look at and go, “whoa, that’s kinda petty”
Yeah, it's important to remember that Cruella has a whole closet full of furs and, in fact, is just *stupid* wealthy. She could buy any damn thing she wanted but, end of the day? Skin some fucking puppies. In person. Like, she wants the fucking knife so she can do it herself instead of just buying a similar thing from some farflung nation.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Yeah, it's important to remember that Cruella has a whole closet full of furs and, in fact, is just *stupid* wealthy. She could buy any damn thing she wanted but, end of the day? Skin some fucking puppies. In person. Like, she wants the fucking knife so she can do it herself instead of just buying a similar thing from some farflung nation.
Well to be fair not in person. She drops the actual skinning job off on the Baddins in her old ancestral home. Only dropping in to harangue them when they are slacking off on it, and then taking a personal hand in running the operations once the Dalmatians escape.

That said, considering she tries to run them down at several points, she's clearly not opposed to the idea of puppy murder.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Sidenote, am I the only one weirded out that Facilier and Lady Tremaine are shown as better parental figures than the main cast's.

Spoiler: Show
Like, Celia and Facilier have banter and she's shown genuinely missing him, he hugs her and all! And while Lady Tremaine is frst heard an an invisible, overbearing old (perhaps senile?) matriarch when she appears in the third movie she's shown as knowing Dizzy (her grandaughter's) hobby and personality, to the point of making sure she isn't forgetting one of her treasured possessions back home where she wouldnt be allowed back. We don't know if Dizzy would've gone back to her if given the choice though I presume Lady Tremaine wouldn't want her to

King Snarf

Validated User
Well, that's one of the themes, or at least it was in the first movie. The kids help the villains become better people. The Queen, Jafar, and even Cruella were all shown to be very proud of their children even though they'd switched sides.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Well, that's one of the themes, or at least it was in the first movie. The kids help the villains become better people. The Queen, Jafar, and even Cruella were all shown to be very proud of their children even though they'd switched sides.
If you're referring to the first movie video call... no. The villians were clearly faking it for the Fairy Godmother watching them.

Hunter

Validated User
One of my favorite bits in the first movie was when Mal credited Evie with designing her dress, and the Evil Queen watching this on TV just beams with pride.

(un)reason

Making the Legend
Validated User
Also, you think the Horn kings got it bad. I have to assume Chernobog is also on that island somewhere.

Chernobog: hey guys I'm gonna have some friends over for a thing that cool?
Maleficent: Is this gonna be one of your weird black sabbath things where a bunch of ghosts and witches and demons show up and you have a big fracas all night?
Chernobog: Is that a problem?
Maleficent: yes because you never invite me.
Chernobog: I didn't think it would be a big deal.
Malefiecnt: Not a big.... I cursed a girl with eternal sleeping death and covered her home in magic thrones because I was snubbed for a party. Its literally my character motivation.
Chernobog: Okay okay I get it. You want to come to my thing.
Maleficent: I would love to. Should I break out my formal wear? Is it black tie?
Chernabog: Not... really? Most of the witches who show up are naked.
Maleficent: Oh its one of those kind of parties huh? Okay then I can work with that.
This sounds like it turns into an Oglaf episode where she curses whatever guy at the party who turns her down's penis with eternal sleep until it gets true love's kiss.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This sounds like it turns into an Oglaf episode where she curses whatever guy at the party who turns her down's penis with eternal sleep until it gets true love's kiss.
That makes the earlier Evie/Doug scene much more awkward, thank you. :p

Top Bottom