[Division 2] Open Beta and Beyond!!!

Jigglypuff

Vet of the Psychic wars
Validated User
After playing the beta I sort of wish they used the ghost recon wildlands version of movement. I'm getting to the point where I dislike the gears of war sticky cover.

I'm not sure if I'll pick this up this week or wait till sale of more stuff to do. I played the heck out of the first one on release but wandered away from it after the first dlc dropped. The beta looks like they learned a lot of things from the first one. IE swamping you with weak enemies instead of throwing purple and yellow guys at you in clumps.

Currently being depressed makes me want to buy all the things and play them but I'm trying to stay strong. :ROFLMAO:

If I get it I guess I'll see if I can recreate my GR Wildlands trucker character.

ogier300

Validated User
I'm enjoying the launch game more than the open beta. Possibly because it's a nice break from the really dumb cutscene-hijacks of FarCry 5.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I'm enjoying the launch game more than the open beta. Possibly because it's a nice break from the really dumb cutscene-hijacks of FarCry 5.
I can't think of much dumber than certain cutscenes in Far Cry 5, except certain cutscenes in Far Cry New Dawn.

I think I'll pick this up tomorrow. I've had mixed experiences with loot shooters but early impressions seem good + I've had a busy week and want to blow off steam.

ogier300

Validated User
How is the game now compared to beta? Is it worth downloading the huge patch on day one?
I wish I'd played more of the Open Beta and could give you some definitive answer. Things feel more polished, is about the only way I can describe it.

Fiyero

Man your own jackhammer!!
Validated User
How is the game now compared to beta? Is it worth downloading the huge patch on day one?
I wish I'd played more of the Open Beta and could give you some definitive answer. Things feel more polished, is about the only way I can describe it.
As ogier300 says, it is just straight up more polish, also now you have the whole of D.C. to explore. The map is brimming with stuff to do and places to explore. The game rewards you for just wandering around in the open world taking control points, interrupting public executions, territory control fights. Just a bunch of stuff to do that is engaging and rewarding to do.

This game showers you in loot and with things to do and progress. You need to build up multiple settlements through various side missions and projects. Also a thing about the side missions, they are better this time around. That is if my memory of the side missions in Div1 serve me right.

I would say the best way I can think of describe going from Div1 -> Div2 is that it's much more engaging.

ogier300

Validated User
As ogier300 says, it is just straight up more polish, also now you have the whole of D.C. to explore. The map is brimming with stuff to do and places to explore. The game rewards you for just wandering around in the open world taking control points, interrupting public executions, territory control fights. Just a bunch of stuff to do that is engaging and rewarding to do.

This game showers you in loot and with things to do and progress. You need to build up multiple settlements through various side missions and projects. Also a thing about the side missions, they are better this time around. That is if my memory of the side missions in Div1 serve me right.

I would say the best way I can think of describe going from Div1 -> Div2 is that it's much more engaging.
Example of engaging. Last night, I was wandering around the area south of the White House, exploring and trying to head to a control point. I get an alert about a nearby side mission to help some survivors and headed into it. About 30 minutes and more 'one-shot kills' against me, I'm moving around trying to solve the puzzle of this first encounter in the side mission (looking for a flanking position, reviewing the cover, etc. etc.) when I finally notice that every bad-guy has a skull beside his name. I zoom out and realize I've got my level 6 butt in whatever the much much higher level zone is south of the WH zone... I finally gave up.

But man, I did not regret or feel annoyed at the time I spent trying to solve that unsolvable puzzle. The atmosphere of the fight and the situation was engrossing enough that I just wanted to figure out the puzzle. It probably helped that I did manage to drop 1 of the bad guys a couple times (thanks to the turret and my M-60 LMG) before I got headshot by the snipers.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Ok, I'm downloading the stupidly big patch now. If anyone is playing on PS4, feel free to friend me on the PSN and we can play. My PSN name is "Gargareth".

Any plan for a VGO Clan? I'd want a good, funny Three Letter Acronym. Something about Fish and Game maybe?

Grantanz

Validated User
I got Division 1 with the Humble Monthly, but haven't played it yet. I read people saying that the first game is quite fun solo, but that Division 2 is not; would that be fair to say?

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I got Division 1 with the Humble Monthly, but haven't played it yet. I read people saying that the first game is quite fun solo, but that Division 2 is not; would that be fair to say?
I can't speak to Div2, but first time through Div1 I played solo and enjoyed it greatly. At least the PvE parts; in the PvPvE zone you'll be easily outnumbered and outgunned, but you don't have to go there. You should, just for the atmosphere of the place, but you don't have to.

Top Bottom