• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Division 2] Open Beta and Beyond!!!

Moxiane

Yes, it does...
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So I'm in WT5 and crawling my way up to 500GS - currently around 498-499. The apparel mission is intensely annoying because I need to do named enemies in areas where the PTN has cut off all bounties (my normal method for doing such).

So when I actually hit 500 my goal is to try to min-max to a build/playstyle I enjoy, yes?

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
So I'm in WT5 and crawling my way up to 500GS - currently around 498-499. The apparel mission is intensely annoying because I need to do named enemies in areas where the PTN has cut off all bounties (my normal method for doing such).
I'm not sure what a PTN is, but a good source of named enemies are main missions - if you make it to the final boss, defeat them, but let some of their henchpeople live and kill you, it counts as a kill and you start from the last checkpoint.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There’s also a few areas, like West End, that don’t actually have a corresponding mission that counts.

However, they tend to have at least one spot where the named “deck of 52” enemies regularly spawn. In West End, for instance, it’s just west of the bunker mission, right in the circle. They tend to respawn every 30 minutes to an hour, so you can just fast travel to the bunker and knock them out pretty fast.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For my part, I'm pretty irritated at the weeklies that require X number of items with some exceedingly rare talent on them. I'm just not a fan of my ability to complete the task being utterly at the mercy of RNG.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Yesterday I logged in after having very little time for the past week, only to be greeted by distinction of the week from the clan. Did y'all from the PC clan take a break?

Vrylakos

All right, all right, all right...
Validated User

So when I actually hit 500 my goal is to try to min-max to a build/playstyle I enjoy, yes?
If a clan mate is on, you might be able to complete their versions of the bounties. Alternatively, I have had some success answering the call for bounties via the matchmaking tab. Often other folks are trying to get the apparel project done, so you're sucked into their instance and can have that count for you.

As for WT5: design a build you like.

If you are interested in the Raid, you need to start prioritizing Blue. Get Armor up to 200k-300k and Health up to 100k or more, Red talents that add direct damage to your favored weapon, masks with Elite damage, and as much "Damage to Elites" as you can manage to place. Skill Power is not really useful in the Raid. Raid prep is a lot of calibration to get the highest Health/Armor boosts you can on your favored pieces. Don't forget Brand abilities. Talents that give you a consistent damage bonus (Unhinged, Damage to Elites) are priority over situational stuff like "Damage to People Who Are On Fire".

Skills seem to be Chem Launcher and Revive Hive.
That said, Raid has been a brick wall so far, but this week I've been working on a tougher build after hearing some wisdom from other Raidfolk.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
So, how's everyone going with The Division 2?

I got really annoyed by the Raid, it felt calculated to tell me I was playing the game wrong, it wasn't for me and I should stop.

But I'm planning to re-engage next title update when we'll have some new story missions and other content. Plus improved skills and the Discovery Raid.

johnnype

Emaciated do gooder
Validated User
Because of time constraints I've only recently reached WT5. I think my gear score is only at 460 or so. A friend and I are grinding bit by bit. At this point, we don't really know how to approach the rest of the game. Or how to gear up.

Still loving it. The game is almost exactly designed for my taste.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I've recently gotten a short break, thanks to vacation and due to some RL stuff, and those two weeks off have really gotten me in the mood for more Div2.

I've recently reached 500, but haven't really gone into making a serious build yet. It sounds like too much commitment. I'm still messing around with the specializations, and since I'm not doing the raid, and doing well enough on hard and challenging, I don't want to start doing any serious work just yet.

Kinghuge

Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Validated User
Based on the latest state of the game post (cliff notes version on reddit here) theres some major changes planned to boost the power of skill based builds being made at the end of july, along with 2 new missions and the introduction of Investigation Areas. Most of it drops on the 23rd, anything that doesnt opens up on the 30th.

Current feedback from the PTS seems fairly positive aside from the usual 'why havent they done this other thing' type complaining.

Top Bottom