[Division 2] Open Beta and Beyond!!!

SpaceNinja

Validated User
As ogier300 says, it is just straight up more polish, also now you have the whole of D.C. to explore. The map is brimming with stuff to do and places to explore. The game rewards you for just wandering around in the open world taking control points, interrupting public executions, territory control fights. Just a bunch of stuff to do that is engaging and rewarding to do.

This game showers you in loot and with things to do and progress. You need to build up multiple settlements through various side missions and projects. Also a thing about the side missions, they are better this time around. That is if my memory of the side missions in Div1 serve me right.

I would say the best way I can think of describe going from Div1 -> Div2 is that it's much more engaging.
Awesome! Thanks for the answer! I will download it today then!

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
I got Division 1 with the Humble Monthly, but haven't played it yet. I read people saying that the first game is quite fun solo, but that Division 2 is not; would that be fair to say?
As background, I mainly played Div1 solo, though I did the DZ and the mission (repeats) with a friend.

For Div2, I have a L8 character I play entirely solo, and a L12 character I play with a friend.

I don't think it is less fun to play solo at all, but I do think that it feels more dangerous. It emphasizes the "tactical" more than the "shooter", and there are activities that I am more likely to fail playing solo depending on how and where enemies spawn. I enjoy it and find it engaging, but it depends on what you like, really.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I haven't played it yet but apparently Division 2 has a really simple system for getting backup from other players in missions. So if you hit a tough bit solo you can call for backup.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Mute protagonists are still a design choice with super weird outcomes. I communicate only by shrugs and emphatic fist pumping?

Last edited:

CanoeMan

Ceteru censeo ego s Groot
Validated User
Mute protagonists are still a design choice with super weird outcomes. I communicate only by shrugs and emphatic fist pumping?
I choose to think my character has a really dorky voice and tries hard to not reveal this fact to strangers.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Hyena: We've got intruders at the east entrance!
Hyena Boss Lady: THEN KILL THEM. WHAT THE FUCK.
:LOL:

EDIT: Apparently some enemies under heavy fire will yell "What, am I your ex or something?"

Last edited:

CWalck93

Doom Priest of Peace and Happiness
Validated User
I have played a bit of it on the PS4 and have got to say I enjoy what I've seen so far. It is highly polished at launch and what Boris has said above is totally true.

Only at level 5 so not much to go on I guess.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
The center of the East Mall is a crazy pitched battle. I had an incredibly epic experience taking the sinkhole control point from underground.

Top Bottom