• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC DnD 5e: Far from Home

Cale Knight

Eight Bits
Validated User
Each time the creature is hit, inky black darkness seems to briefly leak out of it, once again deepening the shadows in the large cavern. The darkness swells outwards and then, as it screams its outrage, retracts again. Its flailing limbs knock over more stalagmites and stalactites, setting the whole place to ominous rumbling. It scuttles backwards on its too-thick legs, but this seems to be a feint, and one massive tendril of darkness slams into Cat. Rocks and other debris are falling from the ceiling at a steady interval now.

OOC: Cat takes 13 damage damage, though if she's raging that will be halved.

Having done 42 total damage to the creature so far, the fear effect is no longer in play. The falling rocks do not (yet?) have any mechanical effect on the fight.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Cat barely seems to notice the slam, or the cavern collapsing around her. “I’m going to chop off your tendrils and tickle you with them!” she declares and takes another wild swing at the creature, but barely connects in the deepening darkness.

OOC: Cat's HP: 13/23 (total 10 damage taken)

Reckless Attack (roll): 1d20+5: 22 [1d20=17] 1d20+5: 16 [1d20=11] 1d12+5: 6 [1d12=1]

Bah. 6 points. Minimum damage.

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Giant's Pile Cave · Orianna of Istria
HP: 12/20 · AC: 17 · Spent Features: Action Surge, Second Wind

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Orianna, be careful. I'd rather not have this on my conscious just because you suck at dice."
Orianna scoffed at Nikola’s words, flashing him a pained grin as she adjusted her grip on the leather-wrapped handle. “Why, aren’t you happy I lost that bet?” She took another breath, successfully clearing most of the fog in her mind. “Hadn’t I, you’d be alone when it appeared!”

With a sudden lunge, she threw herself over the rocks surrounding her and rammed the rapier into the creature’s side.

OOC: Attack & Damage (Rapier): 1d20+5 24 1d8+7 12 Finally another hit!

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Elaine focuses her lightning at the thing that just hurt Cat, screaming out her rage.
OOC: Witchbolt: 1d12 12 for this round's Witch Bolt damage

TrumpetDC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jonquil mentally contacts Melchior and sends her familiar to Cat. Once the frog is able to connect with Cat, Jonquil prays for Cat to heal her wound.

OOC: Cat gets 8 hp back.

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Anik huffed and flared his nostrils. "Just... stop already!" he cried in frustration, swinging his umbrella and kicking the creature.

OOC: Staff and unarmed Staff then Unarmed: 1d20+5 15 1d20+5 22 both hits! Damage Staff then Unarmed: 1d8+3 6 1d4+3 5 11 total.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Cat is preparing for another swing when a frog hops on her shoulder. “Melchior? Jonquil, are you pranking me in the middle of-“ Suddenly she stops and starts giggling. “Tee hee. What are you doing? That tickles!

And then the shadow creature gets engulfed in lightning.

“Elaine?! Way to go! Kick its butt!”

And then Anik kicks the creature.

"I didn't mean literally!"

JMPayneJ

Validated User
"Oh, Orianna, you don't give me enough credit. That pair of mercenaries next to us from Theralin were drunk enough to make foolish wagers. They were my backup plan!"

As he fired a bolt, this time into the center of the shadow's mass, he knew he needed to find a better weapon.

OOC:
Crossbow +5: 1d20 14 - Didn't include my modifier, so this is a hit.
Crossbow Damage: 1d8 7 - Again, forgot modifiers. +2 so 9 Damage

Cale Knight

Eight Bits
Validated User
The creature screams again, more in pain this time than in rage. Spirals of inky darkness leak out of its wounds, flowing back into the customary places where shadows truly belong. It bellows, white teeth flashing, tentacles flailing blindly. The cavern begins to disintegrate in earnest, great boulders tumbling from the ceiling to smash against the ground. Rocky chips spray forth, opening small cuts on exposed skin and obscuring the vision.

OOC: You guys did more damage in that round than in the other ones put together. The monster has taken 92 points of damage. The cavern is now in a state of collapse. Anybody who does not spend an action to find cover must make a dexterity check at DC 10 and, if failing, take 1 point of damage for each point you missed by.

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Elaine, more focused on hurting the thing that hurt Cat, keeps her gaze and her lightning on the creature, but her native agility serves her well and she avoids anything worse than an occasional light bruise.
OOC: Damage for Witch Bolt Witchbolt Damage: 1d12 6

Top Bottom