IC DnD 5e: Far from Home

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Cat has Danger Sense, and can presumably see the cavern starting to collapse even if she is too high with Rage to care, so I am rolling the save with an advantage, and Cat does not care about her world collapsing either.

Attack roll. 1d20+5: 8 [1d20=3] 1d20+5: 16 [1d20=11] 1d12+5: 13 [1d12=8]
Reckless Attack and 13 more damage.

Dex save : 1d20+2: 6 [1d20=4] 1d20+2: 17 [1d20=15]


"Starting to feel the hurt?" Cat asks of the shadow being and swings her axe. "Well, feel THIS!"
 

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Giant's Pile Cave · Orianna of Istria
HP: 9/20 · AC: 17 · Spent Features: Action Surge, Second Wind

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Oh, Orianna, you don't give me enough credit. That pair of mercenaries next to us from Theralin were drunk enough to make foolish wagers. They were my backup plan!"
“I choose to take it as a compliment!” retorted Orianna, following it with a curse as she narrowly avoided a boulder crashing beside her. Although the ensuing shower of broken stone mostly failed to pierce her leather armor, a couple of them managed to tear trough its softer spots, where the leather was malleable to allow movement, painfully embedding themselves into her leg and side.

Orianna didn’t gasp or cry out. Spotting an opening, she slammed her sword into the creature instead. They had to take it down!

OOC: DEX Save: 1d20+3 7 -3 HP hahaha
Attack & Damage (Rapier): 1d20+5 21 1d8+7 9 damage
 

TrumpetDC

Riskable #6
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jonquil quickly dives for cover. Once safely there, she tells Melchior to start swimming toward the new female warrior.
 

JMPayneJ

Registered User
Validated User
"Long as you're happy, I'm happy!" shouted Nikola, firing a bolt into a flailing tentacle before jumping backwards to avoid a falling rock. He was pleased that he seemed to be finding some success with his crossbow again, but he really was perturbed about this monster. He had been very careful after all.



OOC:
Well dagnabbit.
Dex Check: 1d20+2 11 - Dodged.
Crossbow +4: 1d20+4 17 - Hit.
Crossbow Damage: 1d8+2 4 - 4 Damage
 

Cale Knight

Eight Bits
Validated User
With a shuddering squeal that reverberates in your bones and brains, the monster suddenly collapses in on itself. The shadows in the room swirl. Everything goes utterly pitch black for a moment, and then is somehow paradoxically bright as noon as the darkness is sucked into the dying beast. It screams one last time, its horrid body convulsing in its death throes. Then there is an audible *pop* as the beast implodes, curling up like a dying insect and then vanishing altogether.

But that doesn't mean it's safe. The cave is still collapsing. Great chunks of stone are falling from the ceiling. One of these chunks shatters a a section of far wall, revealing what appears to be a man-made tunnel, carved stone, leading deeper into the cavern.

OOC: You have two choices - you can leave the way you came or you can dive further. The cave is definitely collapsing, so if you go deeper there is a very real possibility that you won't be able to get out this way (if at all!).

Going deeper will require sprinting across the length of the cavern, requiring everyone to make the same Dex save (DC 10) as last round, with the same results on a failure.

Taking the safe way out will require no check, and everyone will be able to make a cinematically appropriate escape from the cave.
 

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Yay!" Cat exclaims as the monster pops out of existence.

"Wow!" she continues as the secret tunnel is revealed.

"Whoa!" she adds, narrowly dodging a falling rock.

"Umm, friends?" Cat then says, looking indecisively first at the secret tunnel and then at the way back outside. "Which way? I'm ready for anything, but I'm not sure what we should do."
 

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Giant's Pile Cave · Orianna of Istria
HP: 9/20 · AC: 17 · Spent Features: Action Surge, Second Wind

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
The cave went pitch back, and Orianna yelped at the sudden cold touch on the back of her neck. She ducked and violently shook her shoulders, trying to rid herself from the slimy thing moving under her hair without dropping her shield or sword. By the time the light returned, the cold touch was gone, and Melchior nimbly hopped away.

“What the—frog?” She spun in place, confused. “Oh, for the Gods!” She sheathed her rapier and scrambled among the falling rocks, her hand snapping forward to grab a cavalier hat, lying forgotten on the ground since the beginning of fight. Orianna lovingly dusted the flamboyant piece, then returned it to her head, holding it into place so it wouldn’t get knocked off again as she hurried towards the others.

“I wouldn’t be going into that corridor unless you have a plan to get out, kids,” she said a bit too nonchalantly in a bid to conceal her nervousness.

OOC: I’m making Orianna react to Jonquil’s Heal, but I have no clue how much HP she recovered. I'll edit her current HP later.
 
Top Bottom