• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC DnD 5e: Far from Home

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Elaine smiles down at Cat, her hair still, somehow, light and bouncy.
"That's okay, Cat. I can always earn coin, and from the looks of it, I'll have some nice heights to walk."

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Cat smiles at Elaine. "I know you can, but I'd like to contribute too." She looks at Orianna and Nikola again. "Will we need a permit or something if we try to earn money by performing? Although my thing is more like heavy physical labor, althoug I know I don't look like someone who does that."

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
OOC: Cale Knight Cale Knight Do they?

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Anike was slack-jawed. The village had been an amazing sight (different people!) in its own right; this was beyond even that. A completely different city, one whose streets were unknown to him. His sketch pad was out before he realized what his hands were doing. The young monk frantically drew the novel architecture and clothing he saw, only half-listening to the discussion of drinks.

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Lystenum Gates · Orianna of Istria
"Will we need a permit or something if we try to earn money by performing? Although my thing is more like heavy physical labor, althoug I know I don't look like someone who does that."
“Yes, undoubtedly. Lystenum is a marvel of bureaucracy; Rumor has it even stealing requires a permit here,” she replied, with a grin that made it hard to tell whether she was serious about the second part. “I can show you how to apply for them if you’d like.”

Orianna moved to the front of the group, so she’d be the first the guards would see when they got stopped. She held her chin a little higher, and assumed the poise of someone who had been trained in it from birth: like someone who has every right to pass through the gates unharmed and fully expected it, carrying herself with just enough intensity to act genteel without being haughty.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Okay... Bracing for culture shock," Cat says and follows Orianna, looking far less certain of herself than the other woman does.

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Elaine, on the other hand, continues to carry herself as always. She knows she's a draw, both for her looks and for her abilities. She expects to draw the eye, and so she often does.

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Anik purposefully slows his steps to better sketch the guards' uniforms, at one point walking backwards to keep up with the group while keeping an eye on them.

JMPayneJ

Validated User
"Marvel of bureaucracy? Ha, you should talk to some of the caravan guards who are on their first trip to the city. You've never seen more griping then when they find out they have to pay tax on.... well... let's just say what sailors and caravan guards spend their money on. So many tears are spilled I'm pretty sure they water down their beer."

Laughing, Nikola continues. He can't help but draw attention to himself as his is the only laughter in the otherwise humorless crowd.

"So...very...upset... Drunk, quarrelsome guards make the best gambling companions."

"But seriously, when in doubt, there's a tax to be paid and a permit to be had."

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Cat looks at Nikola, her eyes wide. "Sorry, I don't get it. What do sailors and caravan guards spend their money on?"

Top Bottom