IC DnD 5e: Far from Home

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Cat looks in confusion as Orianna walks towards the bar, turns to Elaine and says to her: "I think she is interested in starting fights."

Cat turns to observe the scene unfolding by the bar, then turns to Nikola and asks: "Because if I got the gist of your story, it is exactly that kind of behavior that will provoke the hatchet-faced village idiot, right?"
 

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Elaine rolls her eyes.
"Well, if a fight is going to start, might as well have fun with it. Is she likely to observe the unspoken rules of brawling, or is this going to be a kill or be killed situation?"
 

Jive Professor

Trying to fly
Validated User
Anik put his sketch pad away and let out a long, long sigh. "I think it's going to be a shout and drag everyone out situation," he said.
 

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
”Good points.” Cat puts a finger on her lips in thought. “This bunch seems geared up for combat rather than brawl, but it might be just what they wear to work. How far are they willing to go in a fight?” Then she beams. “Let’s ask them!”

Cat stands up and leans on the table with one hand, trying to stand in front of the huge axe she has leaning on the table in an effort to appear like just a girl in a blouse and skirt rather than a potential axe murderer. Waving at the armed group following the scarfaced woman, she calls out, still with a beaming smile: “Excuse me! Hi. Me and my friends think that you look like a bunch of stupid, ugly troglodytes. And since that is bound to result in a brawl, I thought to ask if we could leave weapons out of it and keep things at a fistfight level. You are not the kind of people who would brutally dismember a country girl, are you?”
 

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Lystenum (Otto's Shrunken Head Tavern) · Orianna of Istria

It was Orianna’s turn to be surprised. “What? I’m not looking to start a fight.” She looked the band again, putting on her best disarming grin. “Kids...”
 

Cale Knight

Eight Bits
Validated User
“Excuse me! Hi. Me and my friends think that you look like a bunch of stupid, ugly troglodytes. And since that is bound to result in a brawl, I thought to ask if we could leave weapons out of it and keep things at a fistfight level. You are not the kind of people who would brutally dismember a country girl, are you?”
The woman in charge, identified by Nikola as one Odella Shim, tosses the bag full of coin at one of her lackies and turns to stare at Cat with an expression equal parts bemusement and disgust. Her thugs shift a little, hands hovering uncertainly over sheathed weapons.

"We're not the sort to let country girls interfere with business transactions," she says. Her voice is low and scratchy, like somebody who has inhaled an awful lot of smoke over an awful lot of years. She glances over at Orianna, looks the armored woman up and down.

"If this is yours, you'd best leash and muzzle it. This is too cramped a space to go tilting at windmills."

OOC: If Orianna would like to attempt to defuse the situation, that will be a persuasion check.
 

Ilya

No creativity for titles
Validated User
Lystenum (Otto's Shrunken Head Tavern) · Orianna of Istria

“Oh, is it a business transaction, then?” Orianna’s smile didn’t falter, and her hand searched idly for the cup before she remembered it was empty. She needed a good prop, one that communicated loud and clear how relaxed she were in spite of the escalating situation. She lazily leaned against the bar and took off her hat instead, spinning it slowly on a finger as she spoke. Less than ideal, but it would have to do.

“Do not mind the girl. A nice kid, but the city drink proved too strong for her, I reckon.” She let the hat rest on the counter then, as if she were putting the matter to rest as well. “A fine band you have there. Are you in the protection business?” she prodded, clearly not nearly as drunk as she had made it seem.

OOC: Persuasion Check (CHA): 1d20+4 12 Meh.

Orianna is showing interest in a manner that implies she might be hoping to join Odella’s band, so she can both deescalate the situation and gleam information from them. The goal is find a way to convince or intimidate Odella into quitting extorting Otto by using words alone.
(that’s a lot of names with “O”+two consonants! xD)

And yeah, unfortunately that can be taken negatively by the party, formed by people who just met her and have no clue Orianna isn’t secretly evil.
 

JMPayneJ

Registered User
Validated User
"Cat, you see, we are looking at a problem that I believe our friend here believes can be handled by provoking it. Or, maybe, she too is a sociopath and is trying to make friends. I frankly have no idea where she is taking this."

With this, he takes a tighter grip on his beer and laid his other hand on another empty mug on the table, angling it the pair in front of him. He wasn't sure who, for certain, he needed to be aiming at though.

"On a side note, I just want to remind everyone that I've known Orianna for three days."
 

Stormraven

Mystical Atheist
Validated User
Elaine shakes her head at the posturing.
"I'd rather not fight, if we can avoid it."

She pulls her lute around and starts strumming it to get everyone's attention.
OOC: Performance: 1d20+5 13 Not great, but she's mostly just trying to be heard right now.
 

JMPayneJ

Registered User
Validated User
"Oh, that's a fantastic idea. Distract the masses and whatnot. Diffuse the tension..."

With this, Nikola begins to a truly awful attempt at a jaunty tune along with Elaine. While he will eventually stop as his inability to carry said tune will become apparent by the looks he receives, the length of time it take signals either a lack of social tact or disregard of it....

"Fine, fine, be a show off. But at least play Tinker Tanner!"

 
Top Bottom