Do we have a Chesspack or a Gopack?

Prisoneroffantasy

Enjoying my fishbowl view
Validated User
If we don't, I think we should.

Do any of you like to play chess or go? We should play together and help each other get stronger.

Is anybody interested?

Last edited:

CWalck93

Doom Priest of Peace and Happiness
Validated User
I don't know why I didn't see this before. I love to play chess but I have gotten very rusty over the last several years. I've tried GO but seriously I have problems with it for whatever reason. :)

Prisoneroffantasy

Validated User
I don't know why I didn't see this before. I love to play chess but I have gotten very rusty over the last several years. I've tried GO but seriously I have problems with it for whatever reason. :)
I'm not strong at either game, but I'm ready to spend some time and effort improving. I used to play about 1400 at chess a few years back, before I burnt out. It's never to late, though and I'm ready to put some genuine work in on it this year.

I just started on Go last month and I'm still around 20 kyu, so I'd probably benefit from some guidance there.

Good enough at chess to play a reasonable game, and good enough at Go to help someone learn how to play. Ready and willing to do either.

Alderman

Validated User
I've recently hit 10k on ogs, almost to sdk so I'm terrible but sometimes think I know why I play a move - go is a bastard of a game and I hate it (by which I mean, it's great). Would love to play some social games to break up the faceless ladder matches if that's a thing :)

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We have a nominal Go Pack. I asked for help with Go (as my oldest has decided to start playing it and I can not compete with him any longer(, and I got a number of responses.

Gideon

Validated User
I just had a game of Go with my son, coz of this thread. Think next time we should play on the smaller board.

Prisoneroffantasy

Validated User
OGS? Is that https://online-go.com/ or something else?

edit: "Stinks on ice" was something I heard Weird Al say during the commentary for UHF :)
That's right, The Online Go Server.

I've recently hit 10k on ogs, almost to sdk so I'm terrible but sometimes think I know why I play a move - go is a bastard of a game and I hate it (by which I mean, it's great). Would love to play some social games to break up the faceless ladder matches if that's a thing :)
I'll play with you, Alderman. I can't really compete with you, but if you enjoy winning games by a hundred points: I'm your man!

I'm now registered on https://online-go.com/ as Prisoneroffantasy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom