• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Do You Have the Strength to Survive the Grievous Miracle? [Blasphemous - September 10th Release]

J Harper

Likes Tomboys
Validated User

I've been jonesing for this game since I first ran across it back in June, to the point where I picked up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Unworthy in hopes of those games tiding me over until Blasphemous got released. I'm loving the look of the game, especially since it's using imagery and cultural touchstones I'm poorly familiar with, if at all, and thus is incredibly fresh to me. And many of the bosses shown so far are memorably disturbing - Exposito, Scion of Abjuration, Our Lady of the Charred Visage, and the skeletal corpse of a clergyman supported and defended by massive, disembodied hands being the most noteworthy in my eyes.

I'm picking this up as soon as I can next month. I'm looking forward to exploring the priest-plagued lands of Cvstodia. At the very least it'll be great creative fodder to fuel an Aquellare game.

J Harper

Likes Tomboys
Validated User
The Game Kitchen just dropped a free demo of Blasphemous, available until September 1st. Tried it out. It's going to take a little time to get use to it, since I'm older and a lot slower, but it was fun. The demo allows you to test and try basic elements of play, and finishes with a boss fight against the horror Ten Piedad.

I'm surprised there's been no interest here in Blasphemous, but I've long given up figuring out what's going to attract attention on RPG.Net. Visually this game is very distinct, and the play has been sharp. There's been some pausing, at least on my system, at certain points, but since this is a demo I'm not going to ping it on that too much.

This is really worth a try.

Shefanhow

Validated User
I'll definitely be picking it up. I've liked everything I've heard about the gameplay and think the... metal Spanish Holy Week aesthetic looks pretty cool. The only reason I haven't picked up the demo is because I can't be bothered to remember my Steam login.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I know some of the people in the team, and they are an amazing group. I backed the game in KS and I'm so looking forward to it. I really hope it's a huge success, they truly deserve it.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
I'm definitely wanting this one. Really looks good. Love the graphical style and the fact it looks like a pixel-world heavy metal album cover.

Shefanhow

Validated User
Beath the demo. Yeah, this is basically Hollow Knight with more gore. Hollow Knight with more gore is something I really want, it turns out.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
beaten the demo, it's a cool game but I really don't like the aesthetic? gore has never done it for me except heavily cartoonish gore, and the religious background is distasteful.

but to each their own.

Top Bottom