IC Doctor Who: Doom of the TARDIS

Hollow Spectacular

RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Port Royal, you said?" says the Captain to Bartek, though he avoids looking directly at him. "We're not far from there, but that's a British port. Not one that this ship would be welcome in, and one that'd likely make you unwelcome if you arrived aboard her. Not that I'm refusing you, you understand," he adds quickly, looking at the gun in Lysa's hand. "But would you be willing for us to drop anchor just beyond sight of the port, and convey you the rest of the way by longboat?"

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
" I am happy enough to swim there, but the two females would die if they attempted such. A longboat suits me, I should be able to arrange other transport once I have met with this male."

He re-engaged the Shimmer, and indicated the Sea Devil sidearm, " Captain....where did you come across the device?"

Hollow Spectacular

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Captain gives Bartek a quick look, but seems even more disconcerted by the way you can go from Silurian to human so quickly. He takes a pipe from inside his jacket, fills it and lights it. He stares off into the distance, smoking silently.
"It was some months ago," he says at last, "and we were sailing very close to here. There had been a rash of crew going missing overnight. We didn't know if they were deserting or falling overboard, but I suspected piracy. I set a double watch on deck, hoping to catch them. Just past midnight, one of the sailors on watch burst into my cabin ranting about something monstrous that took his watch partner.
"I took the next night's watch myself. Something ambushed me in the dark. I thought it was a man. A big man, mind, but only a man. Now I'm not so sure." He glances again at Bartek. "I fired on him, got a clean hit, I think. He went over the side, and that seemed to be the end of it. No more men vanishing in the night.
"We found that thing on the deck in the morning. It filled me with dread, to tell the truth. When I looked at it, I couldn't quite forget the look in that sailors eyes when he told me a monster took his friend." He knocks his pipe on the side of the ship. "I hate these waters."

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Bartek nodded, and grimaced. He'd never really understood the military mindset that saw everything as a possible enemy....unless they were using the humans below somehow? He hadn't seen anything. He made a note to ask about it when he returned.

" My apologies, some of my.....cousins....are a little anti-social. If it is any consolation you are one of the few mammals to have bested a Sea Devil warrior in combat."

Hollow Spectacular

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm OK, but Ace will quietly get her stuff back together during the journey, including her Nitro-9 and Headbot in her Kwik Save bag.
As Ace lifts the bag, Headbot speaks up.
"I was beginning to think I was entirely abandoned. Of course, technically you fulfilled your part of the bargain, as this is very much not inside the TARDIS. Though I notice you haven't taken me far away from it. Below decks on a galleon is only marginally an improvement."

"Land ho!"
You all gather on deck as the crew secures the longboat with rope, getting ready to lower it over the side. The ship is anchored a little way round the coast from Port Royal.

"I won't say it's been an enjoyable experience," says the Captain. "It hasn't. May the good Lord watch over you, and keep you far away from my ship." He turns to the crew, who are keeping a wary distance from you. "The ladies and....gentleman are going to need a set of strong arms to take them round the coast." He smiles maliciously. "Jorge. You'll do."

Jorge gapes helplessly, unable to even speak.

"That's an order, sailor," says the Captain.

OOC: I feel it would be unfair of me not to point out that the TARDIS is still tucked away in the ship's food store. The Captain clearly thinks this'll be the last he sees of you, so you might want some sort of plan for reconciling those two things.

Of course, losing the TARDIS is a time-honoured tradition, and these things have a habit of working themselves out in the end, so you don't need to worry about it too much.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Bartek smiled at Jorge and assisted with launching the boat, it was not much different to those he had used before.....momentarily he considered the logistics of making their way back to the ship and the undersea stronghold but it was too difficult and he decided for now he would find Innes and work the rest out from there.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa shrugs apologetically at Jorge. "Well, now you have the chance to see some real wonders untold..." she assures him.

Still keeping her hand on the 'dead man switch', she gives the captain a slight bow. "In all honesty, I'm sorry this has been such an imposition. I usually prefer to get in and out of places without anyone noticing I'm there." She gives him a little smile, then adds as an afterthought. "Oh, uh, don't try and open the blue box down there. It should... go away on its own after a while." At least I hope it'll follow the thingy. Or hopefully Jorge can lead us back to you. Eep.

thenorm42

Validated User
Ace glowers at the Captain as she leaves, but smiles pleasantly at the ship's doctor. She helps with the rowing, keeping a close watch on HeadBot all the while.

Once they get to Port Royal, she says "So... Do we have a plan? Either for finding this Innes or for getting back to the trace thing under the water?"

Hollow Spectacular

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Captain snorts, and stamps off back to his cabin, pausing only to mutter something to the first mate as he passes. Jorge steadfastly ignores all three of you as you are lowered onto the water, and he begins to haul on the oars. The only time he looks at any of you is when Ace offers to take a turn. He looks like he is about to argue, but then wordlessly thrusts the oar handles at her. The only time he speaks is when you are about halfway between the ship and the docks. The ship's sails rise and fill with the wind, and it turns and begins to move away. Jorge swears softly under his breath, clearly not expecting that his captain would abandon him.

The docks of Port Royal stretch along the entire northern shore of the peninsula. The waterfront is bustling, if a little ramshackle. Between Ace and Jorge, your boat picks its way through the larger ships to find a spot on Common Landing, a busy wharf about two thirds of the way down the docks. Jorge secures the boat with a single, sullen throw and a quick knot.

At the landward end of Common Landing, two officials are stopping people coming on and off the wharf, asking questions and occasionally checking papers. Jorge stiffens a little when he sees them, but doesn't say anything. You start to think that he might be in shock.
Once they get to Port Royal, Ace says "So... Do we have a plan? Either for finding this Innes or for getting back to the trace thing under the water?"

Top Bottom