IC Doctor Who: Doom of the TARDIS

thenorm42

Validated User
OOC: Ace probably shouldn't do the talking with the officials, she's not a fan of authority figures or new people. Out of interest, does Lysa speak something resembling English, or a different language?

Also, if Ace can get access to a supply of chemicals, maybe she can (probably with Lysa and Barty's help) create a stabilising gel that'll help with the Trace (she can do gizmo creation with chemistry).

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Lysa natively speaks a future English dialect that sounds suspiciously similar to Cockney. She's going to generally try and play nice with the locals, I think?

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
OOC: Bartek will quietly loom in a not unfriendly manner.

Hollow Spectacular

RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Awesome. I'm going to push things forward, but feel free to keep on doing planning stuff if you feel the need, we'll handwave that as being flashback.

As you reach the end of the pier, one of the officials stops you. "Names and vessel?" he says in a bored tone.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sometimes it was best to baffle people with the truth, as the Doctor had shown her many times over. "Lysa, lately of the TARDIS, and this is Ace, and Barty, and our rower. We're here to see Innes," she replies brightly.

Hollow Spectacular

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The bored official nods and is about to wave you through, when the other official steps in.

"Wait," he says "You can't just let them through. Have you ever heard of the Tardis, because I haven't."

"There's a lot of ships I've never heard of," says the bored official. "It'll be fine."

"There's very few ships in these waters that I've never heard of," says the more officious official. "I mean, do they even have any papers? Do you even have any papers?" he says to you.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lysa
SP 9/8 GSP 4/4

"He says he's never heard of it," she declares incredulously to Ace and Bartek, then glances at Jorge and back to the official. "Well, someone was careless and got our papers swept overboard," she lies, using their apparent prejudice toward the Spaniard to make that sound more plausible. "But surely little old us don't pose any threat to your lovely town, hmm? I assure you your merchants will be happy to see us, since at least our coin was too heavy to get swept away..."

At least she has some coin stolen from the ship's coffers to bribe them, if that's what it comes down to.

Hollow Spectacular

RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Difficulty is 15, so that's a Yes.

The bored official's eyes light up at the mention of coin. Seeing it, the other official sighs. "Don't cause any trouble. You'll need to head over to the Customs House, get some new papers drawn up." He steps aside, and waves you through.

OOC: So where to now? There's a number of public houses on the waterfront where you might be able to find information. Those are mainly filled with sailors, but there are quieter pubs further in to town which the locals frequent. Or there's the Customs House the official mentioned. Or, if you fancy bothering the authorities, the Governor's Mansion is the fanciest house in town, and shouldn't be too difficult to identify.

thenorm42

Validated User
Once the official is out of earshot, Ace looks around. "Well, I'm sick of the authorities in this timezone already, and I'm not sure we should draw any more attention to ourselves than we already have. Why don't we try the pubs, we'll fit in better there? Someone must know where this Innes is."

Top Bottom